Author Topic: Metadata Local Template for Live Ingest, Save, Copy, Upload, etc.  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Josh Barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbarber.com
I would really appreciate the addition of the "Use Local Template" option to the Live Ingest pane as well as the Copy, Save, Upload and any other panes that have the option of "Apply Metadata Template."

If it is possible I would also like an option to link the normal Ingest and Live Ingest "Local" Metadata Template

I edit hockey games for a wire service. I apply a Metadata Template with a boilerplate caption containing the location, date, city and state, and creditline through Live Ingest. Then I write my caption and apply a Metadata Template that prefixes the caption with just the dateline before sending. Without the "Use Local Template" option in Live Ingest every time I stop and start the Live Ingest, which I have to do two and half times a game to change the destination folder from "1stPeriod" to "2ndPeriod" to "3rdPeriod", I have to change my "Global" Metadata template from the dateline prefix snapshot to the boilerplate caption snapshot and then back to the dateline prefix snapshot. Which in addition to being an annoying amount of work, it leaves the potential for me to overwrite the caption just before sending if I forget the last step.

Offline ShaneP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Metadata Local Template for Live Ingest, Save, Copy, Upload, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:02:51 AM »
I would really appreciate the addition of the "Use Local Template" option to the Live Ingest pane as well as the Copy, Save, Upload and any other panes that have the option of "Apply Metadata Template."

If it is possible I would also like an option to link the normal Ingest and Live Ingest "Local" Metadata Template

I edit hockey games for a wire service. I apply a Metadata Template with a boilerplate caption containing the location, date, city and state, and creditline through Live Ingest. Then I write my caption and apply a Metadata Template that prefixes the caption with just the dateline before sending. Without the "Use Local Template" option in Live Ingest every time I stop and start the Live Ingest, which I have to do two and half times a game to change the destination folder from "1stPeriod" to "2ndPeriod" to "3rdPeriod", I have to change my "Global" Metadata template from the dateline prefix snapshot to the boilerplate caption snapshot and then back to the dateline prefix snapshot. Which in addition to being an annoying amount of work, it leaves the potential for me to overwrite the caption just before sending if I forget the last step.
I also have similar request. Loved that you went deeply into this. Awesome post.

Regards,
Shane

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: Metadata Local Template for Live Ingest, Save, Copy, Upload, etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 06:33:26 PM »
I agree this would be useful.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/