Author Topic: Strange map in PM6  (Read 4274 times)

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
Strange map in PM6
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
When I choose "Show Map" (rightclick on a photo) it leads to a very strange place on earth: I made my pictures in Austria and I see the map of an English country or just a blue screen with the coordinates +47 0'0.00, +128 0'0.00

This is in PM6. PM5 gives the correct map!

Thanks in advance!

Oh... I zoomed out and now I see "New Brunswick" near New Hampshire???? Never been there  ;D

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:24:27 PM by rienvanham »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange map in PM6
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »
What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
Windows 10 PRO Dutch edition.

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
What OS are you running?

Just another report. I use Win10 Pro as well, Norwegian version. PM 5 appears to get it right, so does other software, but PM6 is apparently lost. I attach 3 screen shots, from: PM5, PM6 and Capture One.
--
Odd S.

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
Thank you Odd! That's exactly my problem too!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
One difference I see is that PM5 is using decimal points as a period (.) to separate the minor portion of the GPS coordinate whereas PM6 is using decimal points as a comma (,)

If you manually change those commas into periods, and Refresh the map, does that fix the problem?

-Kirk

pablogg

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »
I was able to reproduce this on Windows platform running PM6 when locale is set to a language that uses comma. No need to investigate further.
Unless users have other thoughts, you will have to change your locale to a language that uses decimals instead of comma in order to correctly display map with this version of PM6. Just go to "Control Panel"->Clock and Region"->"Region" to set the new language. No reboot should be needed.

-pablo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:44:31 PM by pablogg »

Offline poseinformal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 05:05:55 PM »
In my case I'm running Windows 10 Pro October's version (release 1809) in Spanish. (Spanish configuration uses commas by default to indicate decimals, instead of points).

When I go to "Set GPS Coordinates" and the coordinates are previously set in the file by the camera or, let's say, Lightroom, the map display is nonsense again: Berlin is located in Kazajistan, for instance.

I've tried to change commas by points but when I click on refresh button the commas are back and the display remains with the same error, but instead staying in Kazajistan it goes to North Pacific Ocean.

I still have version 5 installed and nothing of this happens with this version, no matter what is the language configuration of Windows 10 Pro.

Any suggestion.

Thanks!

One difference I see is that PM5 is using decimal points as a period (.) to separate the minor portion of the GPS coordinate whereas PM6 is using decimal points as a comma (,)

If you manually change those commas into periods, and Refresh the map, does that fix the problem?

-Kirk

pablogg

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »
PM6 is using locale differently that PM5 did. This is causing the problem. A new version of PM6 (for windows) will be required to fix this issue. For time being, if you are able to change your locale in Windows to English (see my previous post), then the maps should display properly.
-pablo

Offline poseinformal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
Thank you very much, Pablo.

Sorry, I have not read your previous post, and Yes I have changed locale on windows to English and now it works. I'll keep Pm5 until next Pm6 update.

Thanks a lot!

PM6 is using locale differently that PM5 did. This is causing the problem. A new version of PM6 (for windows) will be required to fix this issue. For time being, if you are able to change your locale in Windows to English (see my previous post), then the maps should display properly.
-pablo

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »
When I change the settings as suggested my photo's are shown on the map of Oekrainë. It's still the wrong country: the photo was made in Germany (Bodensee).

pablogg

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 09:25:54 AM »
I suspect you may still have your coordinates translated to commas. If you still see commas in the minutes of "Set GPS Coordinates" dialog, then you have not correctly set the locale to English.
-pablo

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »
Hi Pablo,

You're right! Now PM is showing the correct map again!

Thank you! Dankjewel!

Offline rienvanham

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 02:13:36 AM »
Thank you Kirk, this problem is fixed!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 06:32:42 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm sorry it was there in the first place.

-Kirk