Author Topic: Lightroom interaction  (Read 20002 times)

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lightroom interaction
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:05:58 AM »
I'm sure it's been noted before but in windows and mac if you select and drag images out of PM over the Lightroom desktop icon it will launch the import dialog in LR for those images.Very cool.

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
Re: Lightroom interaction
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:14:59 AM »
Also if you set Lightroom as you editor in PM it will do the same thing.

Offline robok

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »
I am looking at PM+Bibble vs Lightroom.  Why would you use PM+Lightroom, is one of the big benefits of LR is having Library and Develop in one package?

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
PM is faster as an organizer and browser and for ingesting. PM is just the first step, you will still need an editor. So pick an editor you are confortable with make it you default editor.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:21:18 PM »

Mac G5 tower 10.4.8

I set the default image editor to Lightroom and now Photoshop is not listed as an option in the Control Menu (I've been dragging them to the dock as a workaround).

Any thoughts?

Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »
Marc,

Mac G5 tower 10.4.8

I set the default image editor to Lightroom and now Photoshop is not listed as an option in the Control Menu (I've been dragging them to the dock as a workaround).

There is only one default editor.  But you can assign a different editor for each file type we support, and an additional ten more custom editors.  To do this open up the Preferences dialog, click on the Launching tab.  Then click on the "Set..." button that follows the text: "Assign specific editing applications for each file type".  A dialog will appear that will allow you to assign editing applications for each file type.  At the end of the list are the ten custom editors.  Assign Photoshop to one of the custom editors.

Then when you're in the contact sheet (or Preview) you can right-click on a photo and choose your editor directly from the "Edit photo with" submenu, and PM will launch the chosen editor with the photo you selected.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 06:00:46 AM »
I can't seem to get multiple images to import in light room. I highlight the images I want to import in PM go to "edit selected photos with" but it will only allow me to import one at a time, not all the images I selected.
I dream of a work flow of imgesting in PM, tagging the keepers, adding metadata in PM and then importing those for processing to LR.
Anyone found a work around to help me accomplish this?
As it is now I have to copy the tagged to a new folder then import the new folder to LR.
Ideas?

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 06:34:54 AM »
I can't seem to get multiple images to import in light room. I highlight the images I want to import in PM go to "edit selected photos with" but it will only allow me to import one at a time, not all the images I selected.
I dream of a work flow of imgesting in PM, tagging the keepers, adding metadata in PM and then importing those for processing to LR.
As it is now I have to copy the tagged to a new folder then import the new folder to LR.
Ideas?

On a MAC I just drag the selected images to the Lightroom Icon in the Dock.
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:17 AM »
Ideas?

What OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »
Vista

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 09:56:53 AM »
Vista

What happens if you drag and drop selected images onto Lightroom?  Do they import then?

-Kirk

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
Just one, this did (D&D) work with 4.4 now only one at a time

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »
Roy,

Just one, this did (D&D) work with 4.4 now only one at a time

Could you rephrase, please?  I don't understand what you're trying to say.

In addition, if you drag and drop images from Windows Explorer onto Lightroom, does it work the way you expect?

-Kirk

Offline royfel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »
Wth today's beta:
1.Select multiple pictures in PM>chose:Open selected pictures in Lightroom>Will only import the first one>Will launch Lightroom
2.Select multiple pictures in PM>Drag and Drop from PM to Lightroom Icon> Will launch LR but I get "no pictures to import" message in LR
3.Launch Lightroom first>minimize LR>select multiple pictures in pm>Drag and Drop from PM to Lightroom Icon>all selected photos successfully imported but do not show in LR preview.
4.Launch Lightroom first>chose:Open selected photos in Lightroom>will open only 1st photo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 06:23:35 AM »
Wth today's beta:
1.Select multiple pictures in PM>chose:Open selected pictures in Lightroom>Will only import the first one>Will launch Lightroom
2.Select multiple pictures in PM>Drag and Drop from PM to Lightroom Icon> Will launch LR but I get "no pictures to import" message in LR
3.Launch Lightroom first>minimize LR>select multiple pictures in pm>Drag and Drop from PM to Lightroom Icon>all selected photos successfully imported but do not show in LR preview.
4.Launch Lightroom first>chose:Open selected photos in Lightroom>will open only 1st photo

And what happens if you select photos in Windows Explorer and drag and drop them onto Lightroom?

-Kirk