Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 6 can't start  (Read 3122 times)

Offline DanielSchaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic 6 can't start
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »
I have the following Problem. I bought Photo Mechanic 6 as an Upgrade. On one PC I can start it and on the other I can't. I always get an Error Message that I can't understand. Can you help me?

PM Version: PM6SetupR2725

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic 6 can't start
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:22:10 AM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log files.  Bring up a Windows Explorer window (Windows-E) and copy and paste the following:

%AppData%\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic

into the Explorer's navigation bar at the top of the window and hit enter/return on your keyboard.

Scroll down and Control-click on the files named dyn.log and PM.log so that they're both selected.  Next, right-click on PM.log and from the contextual menu that appears, navigate to the "Send to" menu item and choose "Compressed (zipped) folder".  A zip file will be created and it will either be named dyn.zip or PM.zip.  Select the zip file and post it here.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zip file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DanielSchaefer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 04:04:42 AM »
Hi Kirk, that's what I did-but I don't see a dyn.log File from Windows. Only the PM.log I could see. I attached These as a ZIP file.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 07:07:28 AM »
Hi Kirk, that's what I did-but I don't see a dyn.log File from Windows. Only the PM.log I could see. I attached These as a ZIP file.

Thank you Daniel.  We'll investigate and see what we can do.

-Kirk