Author Topic: PM 6 Preview Performance  (Read 2302 times)

Offline MBW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 6 Preview Performance
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:58:05 PM »
I've held off on this but I'm bitterly disappointed.

Been using PM since 2010 because I need to edit pictures fast, fast, fast. It's always performed flawlessly. So, when PM 6 was released this week I eagerly purchased it. To my dismay it's a dud. A real stinker. And $89 wasted.

The marketing hype promised a thumbs/preview speed increase of approx. 2-3 times. Sure, thumbs load noticeably faster but I make my selects using preview. PM 6 browses ~ 10 MB jpegs horrendously slow. And when I click Z to evaluate critical sharpness it takes an inordinate amount of time to scroll across the image. I've tinkered with preferences. Maxed out disk & memory caches. Tried all 3 High DPI Display Quality settings. All to no avail.

Further, and this to me is unfathomable, in full screen preview I now have the ratings & color classes panels covering the edges of the left & right bottom corners of my image.

And I'm also miffed as to why the search function has been scrapped. It was indispensable. Not that impressed with the so-called UI overhaul either. It was fine in PM 5. And why can't I customise the contact sheet toolbar anymore?

I'm running a MacBook Pro 2018, 13.3" 2560 x 1600 Retina Display, Touch Bar, macOS Mojave 10.14.4, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM 2133 MHz LPDDR3 & Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB with 1 TB SSD. It's a fairly new machine & all other software hums along smoothly.

Not a satisfied customer.

Offline vfnewman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 6 Preview Performance
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »
Very much the same experience

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile
Re: PM 6 Preview Performance
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »
Same here, I think they should run beta testing before releasing it. but I believed it will be fixed in next one or two updates.