Author Topic: Problems with crop panel - beta 3  (Read 3915 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Problems with crop panel - beta 3
« on: April 04, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »
Running PM 4.5 beta 0331 on a Win XP SP2 MCE system...

In the crop panel on the preview screen:
1. Enter new values for W: and H:, then save a snapshot using the lightning icon. When the saved snapshot is subsequently loaded, the default values stored in preferences are always loaded into the fields rather than the values saved within the snapshot. This happens with any saved snapshot, regardless of the values.
2. Why can't we highlight the contents of either the W: or H: field and type in a new value? We are forced to use the mouse with the up-down control to change a value. Very time-consuming...is this the only way the values can be changed? Note that you can tab to the field and it is highlighted as if it can be edited. (This behavior is also exhibited in the current release.)
3. Apparently there isn't a shortcut key for "Remove Crop". (Maybe I haven't found it yet?) If there isn't one, can one be added?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:23:28 PM by jimb »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with crop panel - beta 3
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:56:51 PM »
Jim,

Running PM 4.5 beta 0331 on a Win XP SP2 MCE system...

In the crop panel on the preview screen:
1. Enter new values for W: and H:, then save a snapshot using the lightning icon. When the saved snapshot is subsequently loaded, the default values stored in preferences are always loaded into the fields rather than the values saved within the snapshot. This happens with any saved snapshot, regardless of the values.

Thanks for the info.  I've fixed it now.

Quote from: jimb
2. Why can't we highlight the contents of either the W: or H: field and type in a new value? We are forced to use the mouse with the up-down control to change a value. Very time-consuming...is this the only way the values can be changed? Note that you can tab to the field and it is highlighted as if it can be edited. (This behavior is also exhibited in the current release.)

Yes, currently it is the only way.  I'm certain that once the snapshots are working for you then you'll have a nice collection of them to choose from, and a single click will be better than several keystrokes.

Quote from: jimb
3. Apparently there isn't a shortcut key for "Remove Crop". (Maybe I haven't found it yet?) If there isn't one, can one be added?

There is no such shortcut yet.  Though while the crop tool is active, clicking outside the current crop rectangle will remove it.

-Kirk