Author Topic: PM 6 Trouble Tagging in Preview mode  (Read 3239 times)

Offline nehammonds

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 6 Trouble Tagging in Preview mode
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:05:03 AM »
I just upgraded last night and imported my first group of photos, around 100.  On previous versions, I would double click on the first photo to open it in Preview and then use my arrow keys to move to next photo and the "t" key to tag the photos I wanted to keep.  This was quick and easy to cull through large amts of photos.  I cannot do that in PM 6.  For some reason, I cannot tag photos in Preview mode, I have to go back to the Import screen and click on each small box with my mouse to tag the photo. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I just can't figure it out.  I could get through a couple hundred photos in 5 minutes in PM 5.  Can someone help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 6 Trouble Tagging in Preview mode
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:13:34 AM »
I just upgraded last night and imported my first group of photos, around 100.  On previous versions, I would double click on the first photo to open it in Preview and then use my arrow keys to move to next photo and the "t" key to tag the photos I wanted to keep.  This was quick and easy to cull through large amts of photos.  I cannot do that in PM 6.  For some reason, I cannot tag photos in Preview mode, I have to go back to the Import screen and click on each small box with my mouse to tag the photo. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I just can't figure it out.  I could get through a couple hundred photos in 5 minutes in PM 5.  Can someone help

What OS are you running?
What kind of images are you working with (the file type) ?

-Kirk

Offline nehammonds

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:29:24 AM »
MAC Mojave, working with RAW files

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 08:13:41 AM »
When you press 't' does nothing happen at all?  In other words, you don't see the tag checkbox change its state?

What happens if you click on the tag checkbox with your mouse?

-Kirk

Offline Rick Baumhauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »
Is it possible that you set up a custom keyboard shortcut for Tag in PM5 but not PM6, as the default is Cmd+ (and Cmd- for untag). I set that up on some of the shortcut buttons on my Wacom tablet, and tagging in Preview works fine.

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »
Is it possible that you are in the "view cropped image" mode? Press "p" to activate/deactivate this modeā€¦ I can't tag photos if "view cropped image" is activated.