Author Topic: Copy paste function dead in release 6  (Read 2123 times)

Offline john.newhagen@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy paste function dead in release 6
« on: March 28, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »
I can no longer copy text from one cell in metadata to paste in another cell in version 6
This is a real hassle
I wish I could roll back to 5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy paste function dead in release 6
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
I can no longer copy text from one cell in metadata to paste in another cell in version 6
This is a real hassle
I wish I could roll back to 5

I'm able to use Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-A to do the usual Copy, Paste, Cut, Select All operations on the Windows version of PM6.  It is true that the right-click contextual menu is missing in PM6 but it will be coming back in the next build of PM6.

Are the keyboard shortcuts not working for you?

-Kirk

Offline john.newhagen@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:43:24 PM »
The Ctrl macros do work.  I have got to tell you I am not a fan of multiple key stroke, being a bit dyslexic, and I wonder why a standard mouse right click functionality was eliminated in the new build.  I am thinking I want to roll back to version 5 but don't see how to do that.
Also, the main feature I have wanted to see in this software since the day I bought it is a catalogue search, and I still don't see it.  Yes I have figured out a workaround, but still  ....
Thanks for your help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
John,

The Ctrl macros do work.  I have got to tell you I am not a fan of multiple key stroke, being a bit dyslexic, and I wonder why a standard mouse right click functionality was eliminated in the new build.

It wasn't intentional.  It will return in the next build.

I am thinking I want to roll back to version 5 but don't see how to do that.

You can reinstall PM5 if you uninstalled it.  The two versions can coexist.

Also, the main feature I have wanted to see in this software since the day I bought it is a catalogue search, and I still don't see it.  Yes I have figured out a workaround, but still  ....

The public beta of Photo Mechanic Plus arrives on April 22nd which includes the long-awaited Catalog feature.

-Kirk