Author Topic: PM6 - randomly selecting multiple images  (Read 3659 times)

Offline GooGaBu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 - randomly selecting multiple images
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »
Tried to see if there already was a thread for this, but didn't seem to find one.

In the week or so that I've used PM6 - there has been a recurring bug that slows down the culling for me.
When editing pitch side during the games, and trying to scroll on full screen preview from image to next .. the PM6 sometimes randomly selects 2-6 images and I can only scroll through them. Before having to leave the full screen preview and de-select the images - to continue scrolling forward.
Really slows down the process as you need to click from one view to next... and while wiring images during games, every second counts.

Is this something that anyone else is experiencing.. or am I the only one?

I'll see if I could replicate that and but screen shot of it here.

On another note - where has the SEARCH bar disappeared??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 - randomly selecting multiple images
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
Tried to see if there already was a thread for this, but didn't seem to find one.

In the week or so that I've used PM6 - there has been a recurring bug that slows down the culling for me.
When editing pitch side during the games, and trying to scroll on full screen preview from image to next .. the PM6 sometimes randomly selects 2-6 images and I can only scroll through them. Before having to leave the full screen preview and de-select the images - to continue scrolling forward.

Sounds like you've switched the thumbnail gallery to show selected images (there are two modes, one that shows all of the images, and one that shows only the selected set of images.)

-Kirk

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »

...PM6 sometimes randomly selects 2-6 images...

Seem to remember having some similar problem. But I am not sure I switched between preview and thumbnail view. However it maybe related to some other bug I am experiencing. (Whilst editing thousands of images from mulitple folders on one drive):

1. Selecting all images from one shoot (lets say 500). Some of these are already labelled (1 for good, 2 for bad)
2. I then choose F2 (view Selected), and only get to see the 500 of the thousands
3. I then uncheck the Winner colour box, resulting in these images disappearing
4. I now do Select all and delete all the images (all bad ones, or ones without any label)
5. When I click the Winner colour box again, no images are displayed. The selection is also lost...

This was working as one expected in PM5. Now it is not working....  :(

The reason I say its maybe related, is that I experienced selections changing when checking and un-checking the label colour box, despite no change in the selection. Obviously rather frustrating to have to deal with.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »

...PM6 sometimes randomly selects 2-6 images...

Seem to remember having some similar problem. But I am not sure I switched between preview and thumbnail view. However it maybe related to some other bug I am experiencing. (Whilst editing thousands of images from mulitple folders on one drive):

1. Selecting all images from one shoot (lets say 500). Some of these are already labelled (1 for good, 2 for bad)
2. I then choose F2 (view Selected), and only get to see the 500 of the thousands
3. I then uncheck the Winner colour box, resulting in these images disappearing
4. I now do Select all and delete all the images (all bad ones, or ones without any label)
5. When I click the Winner colour box again, no images are displayed. The selection is also lost...

This was working as one expected in PM5. Now it is not working....  :(

PM5 saved the selection in the images itself.  PM6 maintains the selections for the images that are currently displayed.  PM5's method did not scale well to tens of thousands, let alone hundreds of thousands of images, taking 30 seconds to select all on a million images.  PM6 can select all on a million images in less than a second, but it can't keep the selection in the image itself or it too would take 30 seconds to select.

The side effect is that images that are filtered out are no longer selected when a filter change makes them visible again.

-Kirk

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

...PM6 can select all on a million images in less than a second, but it can't keep the selection in the image itself or it too would take 30 seconds to select.

The side effect is that images that are filtered out are no longer selected when a filter change makes them visible again.

Ouchh.... that seems like a step back - but obviously the speed will be impacted. Well, guess we need to wait for the PM6 Plus version, where the images labelled Winner etc will be easily selected, regardless of what else is happening.

Offline GooGaBu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »

Sounds like you've switched the thumbnail gallery to show selected images (there are two modes, one that shows all of the images, and one that shows only the selected set of images.)

-Kirk

Thanks for the reply Kirk - could be that, but I only select a single image at a time.
And click between the thumbnail and full screen view - and at random points it seems PM has selected between 3-14 images from thumbnails.
But I only notice this when on full screen view - and try to keep scrolling forward when it does stop at the selected images.
So does maybe sound like the issue you mentioned - just wondered how PM selects those images on its own?
And sometimes the images are the ones before the image I am viewing - and sometimes they are the following...

Just something that really interrupts my work flow as I go through 2000 images from a shoot and need to make unnecessary clicks and close tabs.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:07:02 AM »
If you can get me a set of steps that reproduce the problem, I will fix it.

Thanks,

-Kirk