Author Topic: Multiple tabs in Taskbar  (Read 2703 times)

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
Multiple tabs in Taskbar
« on: March 29, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
Really not liking having to choose which tab I want to look at when clicking on the taskbar if I left more than one tab open. Also, closing a tab at starts causes very long hang.
I'm choosing Do Nothing on startup until this is sorted out.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Multiple tabs in Taskbar
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
Really not liking having to choose which tab I want to look at when clicking on the taskbar if I left more than one tab open.

I'll see if I can make that a preference.

Also, closing a tab at starts causes very long hang.

I'm not sure what that means?  "closing a tab at starts"?

-Kirk

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »
I click on the program in the task bar and previews pop up for each tab. You can click on the X there to close that tab. For me, that is hanging up the program start by 30 seconds or more. I actually don't mind, having it open with no tabs, as I rarely am going to the last one I was in anyway. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
I click on the program in the task bar and previews pop up for each tab. You can click on the X there to close that tab. For me, that is hanging up the program start by 30 seconds or more. I actually don't mind, having it open with no tabs, as I rarely am going to the last one I was in anyway. Thanks

Ah.  I've never tried closing from there.  I suspect that the tab becomes active, scans the folder for items (that takes time) and then it closes.

Anyway, I think I'll make it a preference so that users that don't like the feature can just have them not appear.

-Kirk