Author Topic: Caption field  (Read 4068 times)

Offline photographxgrl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption field
« on: April 04, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »
Just recently I've been experiencing some odd behavior from Photo Mechanic concerning the IPTC fields. Is there some sort of character limit for the caption field? My captions contain quite a lot of information, about 10 lines, and just lately it's cutting them off about halfway. In general, I've also been experiencing odd little PM hang ups when dealing with large batches of photos, too.

I'm on an Apple G4 tower with 1 Gig of RAM running OS 10.4.9 and Photo Mechanic 4.4.33.

In the past PM has always ran very fast for me, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these problems or had any ideas how I might fix them.

Thank you.

Laura

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption field
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 10:47:31 PM »
Laura,

Just recently I've been experiencing some odd behavior from Photo Mechanic concerning the IPTC fields. Is there some sort of character limit for the caption field? My captions contain quite a lot of information, about 10 lines, and just lately it's cutting them off about halfway. In general, I've also been experiencing odd little PM hang ups when dealing with large batches of photos, too.

There is a limit to how long IPTC captions can be, but ten lines would not be enough to cause any loss of data (the spec is 2000 characters, but we allow any amount.)

Is there any other software in your workflow that may modify your photos?

Quote from: photographxgrl
I'm on an Apple G4 tower with 1 Gig of RAM running OS 10.4.9 and Photo Mechanic 4.4.33.

In the past PM has always ran very fast for me, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these problems or had any ideas how I might fix them.

I suggest you contact support@camerabits.com and they'll help you troubleshoot any issues you're having.

-Kirk