Author Topic: Optimized UI for mobile devices with touch support  (Read 2250 times)

Offline robert s.

• View Profile
Optimized UI for mobile devices with touch support
« on: March 31, 2019, 01:28:19 AM »
Hi,

in Times of Surface, Macbook ..., where the number of mobile devices with touch support increases fast, it would be great to have an optimized UI for this devices. Maybe optional to switch between different workspaces. This should include bigger buttons/Menues, touch gestures (because without a keyboard shortcuts are useless), another way of browsing folders, optimized Dialogues ... ...
When sitting late in the evening on my couch/sofa it is possible to swipe to the next/last picture, but rating with stars or colours is not this easy, as it should be. This could be flying menues with stars and colours.

A good example for this is FastPictureViewer. Looking the videos on it's page.
https://www.fastpictureviewer.com/help/

I think many users could have great benefits in theyre daily workflow.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:54:46 PM by robert s. »
Greetings from Germany,
Robert

Hope is not the conviction that something wil turn out well,
but the cercainty, that someting makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: Optimized UI for mobile devices with touch support
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 07:40:36 AM »
YES!!! I have been hoping for better a touch interface for a while. I understood that PM5 would not get it, but I was REALLY hoping that PM6 would address this. Both my Surface and my Dell laptop are touch screens and it would be great to be able to swipe L/R though images, pinch zoom, and the ability to 'touch' buttons and have them big enough to not be hitting 2/3 options in the process because the area of the button is so small.