Author Topic: How to open several folders (with sub folders) in one contact sheet?!  (Read 2988 times)

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is there any easy way to open several folders (and their subfolders) in one contact sheet? At the moment I am opening the one with the most sub folders first, then use the command "open in current contact sheet" for the rest, but have to do it on all sub folders.... tedious!

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to open several folders (with sub folders) in one contact sheet?!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »
Is there any easy way to open several folders (and their subfolders) in one contact sheet? At the moment I am opening the one with the most sub folders first, then use the command "open in current contact sheet" for the rest, but have to do it on all sub folders.... tedious!

Yes, right-click on a folder in the Favorites or Navigator and choose one of the "Open Folder and Subfolders..." options.

-Kirk

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:38:52 AM »

Yes, right-click on a folder in the Favorites or Navigator and choose one of the "Open Folder and Subfolders..." options.

Mmmhhh.. not sure you understood me. I know I can open a folder (and its subfolders in one contact sheet. But I now need to add more folders (and their subfolders) to that very same contact sheet. Seems not possible, the only options are:

1. open a new contact sheet
2. replace the current one
3. (add each of the folders and subfolders one by one - tiresome in my case as we talking about a lot of folders)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:40:31 AM »

Mmmhhh.. not sure you understood me. I know I can open a folder (and its subfolders in one contact sheet. But I now need to add more folders (and their subfolders) to that very same contact sheet. Seems not possible, the only options are:

1. open a new contact sheet
2. replace the current one
3. (add each of the folders and subfolders one by one - tiresome in my case as we talking about a lot of folders)

Yes, you're right, I didn't understand.  There is no faster way to add another tree's worth of folders to a single contact sheet tab.

-Kirk

Offline G Man

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »
Is there a way to open several different folders at once?  I understand it will be multiple contact sheets, (tabs)....In this photo, I'd like to open all folders at once.  I looked for the "open folders and subfolders" option but could not find where that is.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 12:53:31 PM »
Is there a way to open several different folders at once?  I understand it will be multiple contact sheets, (tabs)....In this photo, I'd like to open all folders at once.  I looked for the "open folders and subfolders" option but could not find where that is.

"several different folders", as in completely different parts of a drive or folders on different drives at the same time?  No.  There is no way to do that currently.

-Kirk

Offline G Man

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 04:53:57 AM »
No, I do not mean on several different drives.

With my camera, I can make several folders on a single CF card....100, 101, 102, etc.....Yesterday I had 8 folders on the single card.  Is it possible to open all of those at once?  If so, how.  Again, I can not locate the function you referenced for "open folders and sub folders" option.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:27 AM »
No, I do not mean on several different drives.

With my camera, I can make several folders on a single CF card....100, 101, 102, etc.....Yesterday I had 8 folders on the single card.  Is it possible to open all of those at once?  If so, how.  Again, I can not locate the function you referenced for "open folders and sub folders" option.

Find your card in the Navigator.  Right-click on the card and a contextual menu will appear.  You should now see the option to open folder and subfolders.

-Kirk

Offline G Man

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »
That option is not available.  At least with Windows 10....  When I right click nowhere does it give me that option.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do a screen grab with the right click window open.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »
That option is not available.  At least with Windows 10....  When I right click nowhere does it give me that option.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do a screen grab with the right click window open.

What options do you have available?

-Kirk