Author Topic: Image size in Preview window  (Read 1877 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Image size in Preview window
« on: April 01, 2019, 04:05:05 AM »
In PM6, the image area of the Preview window overlaps and could cover the star and colour rating areas. In PM5 they are always below the image area, which makes them much clearer and neater. Is this intentional or a bug? And in either case can it be put back to PM5 style please?

macOS 10.12.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image size in Preview window
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:14:11 AM »
In PM6, the image area of the Preview window overlaps and could cover the star and colour rating areas. In PM5 they are always below the image area, which makes them much clearer and neater. Is this intentional or a bug? And in either case can it be put back to PM5 style please?

Intentional.  If we decide to have an option to never overlay widgets, it will be a simpler implementation where the bottom area will be reserved rather than the complicated fitting that it used to do.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Image size in Preview window
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:09:12 AM »
That sounds fine to me. I'd much prefer the widgets never overlaid. Clearer and easier to see, and I don't like interface elements intruding into the image area. And on my screen size with an uncropped image I get the widgets half on and half off the image area, which just looks messy whichever you prefer.