Author Topic: PM6 & Live Ingest & Delete  (Read 3648 times)

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 & Live Ingest & Delete
« on: April 02, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »
Hi guys,

Got another PM6 issues that has popped up. We've used PM6 for the last two games at the Lighting.

Interestingly enough it is way faster on our iMac 5k then my brand new MacBook Pro both running Mojave. But I digress, we have PM6 looking at our ftp on the photo network. All of our the cameras are on ethernet and routed there. In PM5 it worked flawlessly. It would pull the images over to the edit machine and then delete the files off the server. PM6 is no longer deleting them. Instead it is returning an error.

Not being in the office today I can't tell you which version of windows we are using but Mojave is up to date on the edit Mac.

thoughts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 & Live Ingest & Delete
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer/Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »
Kirk,

Finally got a chance to get the log file. It is attached.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »
Scott,

Finally got a chance to get the log file. It is attached.

There are a lot of entries in your log.  Can you tell me what day and time you experienced the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »
Kirk,

3/30/19

-Scott

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 04:59:10 PM »
Thanks, Scott.

I see PM5 also getting errors on the first file in your screen shot (_S1I7675.CR2).

It seems like the disk volume "ftp" is kind of coming and going?  As in one moment it is mounted and working fine, and later it is no longer present, and even later it is back again.

Were you having some sort of network connectivity issues?

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:07:49 AM »
There we no connectivity issues that I know of that night.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 08:41:57 AM »
From your log:

[Sat Mar-30-2019 20:18:48.737][b6b76000][1171668] DiskUtils.mm:1708 DiskUtils::GetFileInfoStat() failed with error: No such file or directory on "/Volumes/ftp/ftp/handheld/_S1I7675.CR2"
[Sat Mar-30-2019 20:25:32.505][700006aa3000][5650560] DiskUtils.mm:946 Error deleting '/Volumes/ftp/ftp/handheld/_S1I7675.CR2', result was: 2 [No such file or directory].

In order for PM to know about that file, it had to have existed at some point when the directory was scanned.  Later it was no longer there when it came time to delete the file.  Something strange is going on.

-Kirk

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 07:10:07 PM »
So dragging this back up ... we waited until now (season starting) to push the button on buying PM6.

So, tonight we bought it and this error from April still exists. PM6 will NOT delete images from our FTP server while live ingesting. It returns a deleting error. 

PM5 live ingests and works PERFECTLY. 

Here are the FTP specs:

FileZilla
Windows 7 professional
Intel i3-6100t 3.2ghz
SSD 105gb
8GB
64 bit OS

We are ingesting to:

iMac Retina 5k (2014)
Mojave 10.14

I've attached the log files from PM5 & PM6 tonight.

Also we are connected to the FTP service er over our network using SMB.

thanks,
Scott

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 04:12:15 AM »
I've had a look at you log files (note: both PM5 and PM6 share the same log file so you really only need to upload the latest one).
Note: your log files are dated 28 and 29 October 2019… This likely has nothing to do with the issue, but is odd anyway.

What I can see in the (recent) log file entries are lots of errors reading CR2 files from /Volumes/G-DRIVE ev ATC with Thunderbolt/20190929 - TBLvsFLA/unedited/. Those errors occur with both PM5 and PM6, but this looks like an external drive and not the ftp server you are connecting with.

Before that I do see errors deleting files in /Volumes/ftp/ftp/scotthh2/ from PM6. So I guess this is the problematic part? Does this directory actually exist and does the path really have ftp twice? If not, then perhaps this is the problem PM6 erroneously adds another directory level or tries to connect to a non-existing drive altogether.

I see no logging results for PM5 performing similar tasks, but you're saying you did and it worked there so I assume this is not logged. With PM5 I see some some errors when PM5 tries to remove file information from /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/MISC/ (but it later says erasing /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL was successful so I guess those errors are harmless and since these are from a normal card ingest they're clearly not related to the problem you're describing anyway.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline ScottAudette

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 08:56:07 AM »
So, yes, the external drive is where we are live ingesting our images to. Our iMac doesn't have enough space internally to store there while we are editing.

The issue today is the error deleting from the Volumes/ftp/ftp/scotthh2/ in PM6 while in Live Ingest. It absolutely will not delete them. But in PM5 it absolutely does. So, there is something fundamentally different going on between 5 & 6. Yes, the directory exists, it's possible ftp is in there twice, I'd have to look when I get back to the rink.

We started last nights game live ingesting with PM6 from the FTP. The errors started showing up immediately. We switched back to PM5 and problems go away.