Author Topic: Empty Structured Keywords  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Rick Baumhauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Empty Structured Keywords
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:39:11 PM »
This just happened for the first time in PM6. I applied keywords in a few batches to a small set of photos, then closed the panel to resize the preview window. The next time I invoked the Structured Keywords panel (via Opt-Cmd-K, but using the menu has the same issue), it came up with no data, and just the tops of the last hierarchy I applied shown at the tops of the columns. Restarting PM6 fixed the issue.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Empty Structured Keywords
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
This just happened for the first time in PM6. I applied keywords in a few batches to a small set of photos, then closed the panel to resize the preview window. The next time I invoked the Structured Keywords panel (via Opt-Cmd-K, but using the menu has the same issue), it came up with no data, and just the tops of the last hierarchy I applied shown at the tops of the columns. Restarting PM6 fixed the issue.

It affects macOS Mojave users only.  Are you running the new OS?

-Kirk

Offline Rick Baumhauer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »

It affects macOS Mojave users only.  Are you running the new OS?

-Kirk

Yes. I don't think I've seen the performance issues some have with Mojave (I'm on a 2018 i7 Mac mini w/eGPU), but this one just popped up.

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 11:29:00 PM »
Same thing for me, with Mojave
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
In the process of working on a fix, I discovered that if you resize the window pixel or two wider, the keywords will reappear.

I'll see if I can force it to redraw when it is shown again so that this is not needed, but the above is a workaround that you can try.

-Kirk