Author Topic: Contact Sheet Refresh Issue  (Read 2068 times)

Offline ajmast

• View Profile
Contact Sheet Refresh Issue
« on: April 05, 2019, 12:31:23 PM »
PM6 Window 10

I have noticed this on my desktop and laptop:

Sometimes if I color tag images, view only them,  then F1 to view all, some images will not be there until after I do a / (rescan). Both some color tagged images and some not-tagged.

Maybe related, maybe not, there have been a few times when I open a contact sheet and start scrolling down, only to later find images at the top of the contact sheet that were not there when I started. I have seen this on freshly ingested images (but the card had finished copying) and directories I have open dozens of times. Maybe it is reading the cache version then adding in things the cache did not know about after the fact?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact Sheet Refresh Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:31:59 PM »
PM6 Window 10

I have noticed this on my desktop and laptop:

Sometimes if I color tag images, view only them,  then F1 to view all, some images will not be there until after I do a / (rescan). Both some color tagged images and some not-tagged.

Maybe related, maybe not, there have been a few times when I open a contact sheet and start scrolling down, only to later find images at the top of the contact sheet that were not there when I started. I have seen this on freshly ingested images (but the card had finished copying) and directories I have open dozens of times. Maybe it is reading the cache version then adding in things the cache did not know about after the fact?

In PM6, sorting and filtering is done in the background.  This has the effect of not always being sorted or filtered correctly for some time after the contact sheet is opened.  But it has the benefit of allowing you to scroll through and look at your images while that time consuming work is completed.

Some users like the ability to immediately work with the images but some may prefer waiting until everything is in perfect order.  We'll likely add a preference that will let you choose whether you want to wait for the sorting and filtering to complete before you can get down to work.

-Kirk