Author Topic: Difficulties with custom sort dialog in beta 3  (Read 3738 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Difficulties with custom sort dialog in beta 3
« on: April 05, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
Running PM 4.5 beta 0331 on a Win XP SP2 MCE system...

Either I don't understand how to use this feature, or it's broke. I want to define a custom sort by {caption}. No matter what steps I use in this new dialog, I cannot edit an existing entry, add an entry, or delete an entry. For example, I tried to edit the {sound} entry and change it to {caption}. After choosing "Edit custom..." and entering new values, nothing changes. Neither does the sort order. Please describe how this feature works. I really need to be able to sort by caption, and I cannot do this anymore (it was ok using the old method).

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Difficulties with custom sort dialog in beta 3
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Running PM 4.5 beta 0331 on a Win XP SP2 MCE system...

Either I don't understand how to use this feature, or it's broke. I want to define a custom sort by {caption}. No matter what steps I use in this new dialog, I cannot edit an existing entry, add an entry, or delete an entry. For example, I tried to edit the {sound} entry and change it to {caption}. After choosing "Edit custom..." and entering new values, nothing changes. Neither does the sort order. Please describe how this feature works. I really need to be able to sort by caption, and I cannot do this anymore (it was ok using the old method).

You're right, it was broken in the beta.  It is fixed now.

-Kirk