Author Topic: IPTC fields where is the data stored?  (Read 1539 times)

Offline IainS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC fields where is the data stored?
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:12:05 AM »
I am moving from one computer to another and using PM 5. There are various lists under the IPTC fields in the Stationary pad that I would like to transfer over to the new computer. how do I do this? My guess is that i have to find the lists somewhere in the C drive and copy them across to the same place on the new computer. But where are the lists located, what are they called and is this the correct approach.

Cheers Iain

Offline nikond2h

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC fields where is the data stored?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:02:31 AM »
If i read your question right, you should open IPTC template, and if you click the "Load" button, it will open a window where your IPTC data is stalled, mine ones are saved in documents. They are saved as a XMP file. Copy them on to a usb stick and transfer to new computer.

You could probably search your computer for any XMP files to.

This is how it works on my computer, i running windows 10.

Offline IainS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »
I'll give it a try thanks.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:42:49 AM »
I'll give it a try thanks.

I suggest exporting your preferences by clicking on the Export button in the Preferences dialog on the computer that has the settings you need.  Then take the file that you created over to the new system and import those settings by clicking on the Import button in the Preferences dialog on the computer that you want the settings to be on.

Much better than searching around for settings.

-Kirk