Author Topic: sort on custom  (Read 3859 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
sort on custom
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem between the seat and the keyboard....

I'm doing a series of shots out my hotel room window... every 10 minutes, my camera fires off 5 bracketed shots. 

So i'd like to see my contact sheet ordered  ordered by exposure compensation, then by time of photo.

I can't get a custom sort to work on the variable {comp}.  I use 'edit custom' and it looks like I'm editing an existing sort (edit by type), but when I end that dialog, my changes don't seem to stick.

I'm using a beta that expires 4/5.   I think its the latest (exe file is dated 3/31)
Platform is Win XP.

Otherwise... everything looks great!!!!!  Awesome job Kirk!

Ron

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Re: sort on custom
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
I should add that the Image Information correctly shows the exposure compensation value... so the data is for sure in there... I just want to sort on it.

Ron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: sort on custom
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
Ron,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem between the seat and the keyboard....

I'm doing a series of shots out my hotel room window... every 10 minutes, my camera fires off 5 bracketed shots. 

So i'd like to see my contact sheet ordered  ordered by exposure compensation, then by time of photo.

I can't get a custom sort to work on the variable {comp}.  I use 'edit custom' and it looks like I'm editing an existing sort (edit by type), but when I end that dialog, my changes don't seem to stick.

I'm using a beta that expires 4/5.   I think its the latest (exe file is dated 3/31)
Platform is Win XP.

Otherwise... everything looks great!!!!!  Awesome job Kirk!

Download the final 4.5 release.  That bug has been fixed.  See the Announcements section for more information.

-Kirk