Author Topic: I CAN NOT SEE THE PHOTO STORE IN ICLOUD ?  (Read 4072 times)

Offline guidolal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I CAN NOT SEE THE PHOTO STORE IN ICLOUD ?
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:23:04 PM »
On my Mac
For some unknown reason i can not see the photos that are sync with iCloud and  that i store in my computer  ?
Any people have an idea why  and how to solve this
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I CAN NOT SEE THE PHOTO STORE IN ICLOUD ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:08 PM »
There is no reason to post twice.  Photo Mechanic only browses photos on real disks that are mounted on your computer.  If the folder you're browsing (iCloud) isn't a real folder on a locally mounted disk or NAS drive, then Photo Mechanic will not be able to browse it.

-Kirk

Offline terrymccraniephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Terry McCranie Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 12:21:40 PM »
Is it safe to say this holds true with Google drive as well? I store all my images in google drive, but I don't have the image folders stored locally to the system. I'm trying to figure out if I would have to vastly change my workflow to incorporate PM into my system.
Terry McCranie
www.TerryMcCranie.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
Is it safe to say this holds true with Google drive as well? I store all my images in google drive, but I don't have the image folders stored locally to the system. I'm trying to figure out if I would have to vastly change my workflow to incorporate PM into my system.

That would entirely be up to whether the Google drive acts like an actual disk mounted on your computer.  If it works, I expect performance to be poor.

-Kirk