Photo Mechanic > Support

PM 6 interface blocked on black mode

(1/2) > >>

Arno:
Hi,

The interface of my PM 6 is in black mode, while the interface of macOS is in light mode.
Dialogs and message boxes are well in light mode as set in PM preferences.
I would prefer to have light mode everywhere and eventually change to black mode when editing late.
So how can I set the interface in light mode? It should be automatic when set in macOS general pref.

Mojave 10.14.4
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 2818

Thanks,
Arno

Hayo Baan:
Hi Arno,

Open the preferences and then go to the accessibility tab and change PM from dark to light mode. It's not an automatic setting (which I like!).

Please note that the light mode currently has some known issues wrt. how things look.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Arno on April 20, 2019, 05:36:23 AM ---The interface of my PM 6 is in black mode, while the interface of macOS is in light mode.
I would prefer to have light mode everywhere and eventually change to black mode when editing late.
So how can I set the interface in light mode? It should be automatic when set in macOS general pref.

--- End quote ---

The Contact Sheet window and Preview window will always be in Dark mode on macOS.  The setting in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog only controls dialogs and panels, not the Contact Sheet and Preview window.

-Kirk

Arno:

--- Quote from: Hayo Baan on April 20, 2019, 05:47:09 AM ---Hi Arno,

Open the preferences and then go to the accessibility tab and change PM from dark to light mode. It's not an automatic setting (which I like!).

Please note that the light mode currently has some known issues wrt. how things look.

--- End quote ---

I already set the accessibility panel in light mode, but this only concerns dialogs and message boxes.
The general interface (light or dark) of PM should be the same as the general interface of macOS.

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on April 20, 2019, 07:00:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Arno on April 20, 2019, 05:36:23 AM ---The interface of my PM 6 is in black mode, while the interface of macOS is in light mode.

--- End quote ---

The Contact Sheet window and Preview window will always be in Dark mode on macOS.  The setting in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog only controls dialogs and panels, not the Contact Sheet and Preview window.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

As I can see on camerabits website (cf attached screenshot), contact sheet and preview windows could be set in light mode.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Arno on April 20, 2019, 09:27:00 AM ---As I can see on camerabits website (cf attached screenshot), contact sheet and preview windows could be set in light mode.

--- End quote ---

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding, it sure looks like dark mode to me in your screenshot.  We don't control the window title bar color or the color of the toolbar in the Preview window, macOS does that.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version