Photo Mechanic > Support

Tagging doesn't work sometimes PM 6

(1/4) > >>

manuel:
Tagging doesn't work sometimes on PM6. Restarting PM 6 fixes the problem, but sometimes it takes several restarts of PM 6 to get it to work again.

When the issue arises none of the ways to tag work, clicking the tag box, typing T, or command +.

Tagged photos are not affected. They remain tagged unless I untag and try tagging again during the period when tagging is not working.

The problem seems to arise randomly. Sometimes I can go a whole session without any problem. Sometimes tagging doesn't work right after starting PM 6. Sometimes it stops working in the middle of a session.

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 2818 (66ae7fc) on an iMac running Mojave OS X 10.14.4

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kirk Baker:
Manuel,

--- Quote from: manuel on April 20, 2019, 10:11:06 AM ---Tagging doesn't work sometimes on PM6. Restarting PM 6 fixes the problem, but sometimes it takes several restarts of PM 6 to get it to work again.

When the issue arises none of the ways to tag work, clicking the tag box, typing T, or command +.

Tagged photos are not affected. They remain tagged unless I untag and try tagging again during the period when tagging is not working.

The problem seems to arise randomly. Sometimes I can go a whole session without any problem. Sometimes tagging doesn't work right after starting PM 6. Sometimes it stops working in the middle of a session.

I am using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 2818 (66ae7fc) on an iMac running Mojave OS X 10.14.4

Thanks in advance for your help.

--- End quote ---

What kind of files are you tagging?  RAW?  Which kind?  JPEG? TIFF?  Are the files new from the camera, or have they been modified before?

-Kirk

manuel:
The files are RAW files from a number of different cameras, NEF, CR2, and RAF. The Cameras are Nikon D300 and D700, Canon 6D and 7D, and Fuji X100S and XT3.

The files have been renamed, otherwise no modifications, except for the XT3 files which have xmp's (before the XT3 images were delivered to me some were color tagged in PM on a different computer). The files have not been imported into Lightroom for any editing, color correction etc. yet. There are about 4900 images in the folder.

Kirk Baker:
Manuel,

--- Quote from: manuel on April 20, 2019, 10:58:32 AM ---The files are RAW files from a number of different cameras, NEF, CR2, and RAF. The Cameras are Nikon D300 and D700, Canon 6D and 7D, and Fuji X100S and XT3.

The files have been renamed, otherwise no modifications, except for the XT3 files which have xmp's (before the XT3 images were delivered to me some were color tagged in PM on a different computer). The files have not been imported into Lightroom for any editing, color correction etc. yet. There are about 4900 images in the folder.

--- End quote ---

For one of the problem files, if you examine the modification dates of one of the RAW files and its accompanying XMP sidecar file, which file is newer?

-Kirk

manuel:

[/quote]

For one of the problem files, if you examine the modification dates of one of the RAW files and its accompanying XMP sidecar file, which file is newer?

-Kirk
[/quote]

According to the Finder info, the XMP modification date is newer than the RAW file modification date, but only the RAF files from the XT3 have XMP sidecar files. The problem seems to occur on all the types of RAW in this folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version