Author Topic: Documentation  (Read 4462 times)

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
Documentation
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:25:08 AM »
MANY thanks for this.  Once I found the Organiser tab, I could see why this has been worth waiting for,
Yes there is lots to learn, and new features to come, but I am very happy with what you have given us.

Is there any documentation yet. I do not yet have a good picture of how contact sheets and the catalog work together and I still have to see how best to use collections?

One other puzzle I have to figure out is how to handle duplicates and variations. I now see that many images are duplicated, with the same image in different locations on my drive. That's partly because I routinely use the same source image for different variations. But I think it would be preferable not to have duplicate copies in the Catalog. Thanks to this new tool, I can at last think about trying to organise my files. I have not yet tried to add the archives where I keep all the original images

Thanks again,
Jim
js-ca.net

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
Re: Documentation
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:16:52 AM »
There is a readme file in the download that may be of use.

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
Where did you download from. There is no readme file associated with the msi link in the Announcement?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »
Where did you download from. There is no readme file associated with the msi link in the Announcement?

It should be present in the install directory.

-Kirk