Author Topic: How to use replacement shortcut to batch caption  (Read 3797 times)

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to use replacement shortcut to batch caption
« on: April 28, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »
Hi, After shooting a game, I would like to select a number of photos of a player from a file and then be able to put their name into the 'description/caption' section or the 'key words panel' and use code replacement shortcuts to put the name into the space, however the code replacement shortcut doesnt work. Is there a way to do this using the replacement shortcut? Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to use replacement shortcut to batch caption
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »
Hi, After shooting a game, I would like to select a number of photos of a player from a file and then be able to put their name into the 'description/caption' section or the 'key words panel' and use code replacement shortcuts to put the name into the space, however the code replacement shortcut doesnt work. Is there a way to do this using the replacement shortcut? Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "replacement shortcut"?

Code Replacement is done by entering your chosen Code Replacement delimiter, followed by the code, then followed by the Code Replacement delimiter.

What is it that you're doing differently?

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:34:57 PM »
Hi Kirk, instead of Micky Mouse I set up code replacement \mm\ and this works well in the individual caption box. If I select all images of Micky Mouse, how can I put his name into the Caption box of all the selected images in one move rather than type \mm\ followed by save into each image caption box. Hope this explains, thanks.

Also I noticed in PM6 sometimes contact sheets flash open with all the images upside down then they revert to the right way up a moment later. I never got that in previous PM's.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »
Hi Kirk, instead of Micky Mouse I set up code replacement \mm\ and this works well in the individual caption box. If I select all images of Micky Mouse, how can I put his name into the Caption box of all the selected images in one move rather than type \mm\ followed by save into each image caption box. Hope this explains, thanks.

You'd have to have the value Mickey Mouse in some field all by itself, like Image Status and then use \{status}\ in your Metadata (IPTC) Template wherever you want it to appear.

Also I noticed in PM6 sometimes contact sheets flash open with all the images upside down then they revert to the right way up a moment later. I never got that in previous PM's.

Let me guess, you're on macOS Mojave, right?

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
yes Mojave it is. Known issue?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
yes Mojave it is. Known issue?

Yes, and I can tell you that I don't have any code that spontaneously flips images for a moment.  This appears to be yet another bug in macOS Mojave.

-Kirk