Author Topic: Turn Off ON1 Sidecar Files  (Read 13837 times)

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
Re: Turn Off ON1 Sidecar Files
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 04:21:37 PM »
Oh. I think you solved a different problem. What happens if I turn those associations off or on? (Mine seem to be all on by default.)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »
Oh. I think you solved a different problem. What happens if I turn those associations off or on? (Mine seem to be all on by default.)

Then PM won't check for them for existence.  Speeds up rescan a bit if you know that you won't be ever encountering a particular file extension (i.e. if you don't use Bibble, then there is no need to check for .bib files.)

If the files do exist and you have directed PM to ignore them (made them inactive) and you have proxies turned on in your View menu then they'll appear as proxies.  Otherwise they won't appear at all.

We keep them all on by default because it eliminates support calls.  You're free to deactivate any that you know you will never use.

-Kirk

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »
(i.e. if you don't use Bibble, then there is no need to check for .bib files.)

Wow. I haven't heard another human speak of Bibble in forever. It was a wonderful adventure when Eric was developing it and posting nightlies. Which many of us went on to use in production the next day, given that it was leagues ahead of everything out in that pre-PM, pre-Adobe RAW period.

Have you or anybody here heard from Eric lately?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
(i.e. if you don't use Bibble, then there is no need to check for .bib files.)

Wow. I haven't heard another human speak of Bibble in forever. It was a wonderful adventure when Eric was developing it and posting nightlies. Which many of us went on to use in production the next day, given that it was leagues ahead of everything out in that pre-PM, pre-Adobe RAW period.

Have you or anybody here heard from Eric lately?

No, not me.  I never had the pleasure of conversing with him.

-Kirk