Author Topic: PM6 swallowing letters  (Read 22139 times)

Offline photosbyrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 swallowing letters
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 11:32:45 AM »
Same. I was having this issue only on 6 - so I am currently using 5 again. For me, it was happening in every window. I am running Windows 10 with latest updates, Preview window is where I first noticed it!

pablogg

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
Thanks everyone for your feedback on this issue. Looking back at all the responses, it would be useful to know (from those experiencing this problem) what "locale"/region your Windows is configured to.
In particular, has anyone seen the issue of "swallowing letters" on systems configured to "English" locale?
Much thanks,
-Pablo

Offline erohne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Photographer Eivind Rohne
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
My locale/region is configured to Norwegian, and my Windows 10 Home is also in Norwegian. I have now been running latest version of PM 5 for another 5 days and another three jobs since my last post, and not one single problem like with v6.

Cheers,
Eivind

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
Running windows 10, latest updates to May 6 2019, English locale. No letter swallowing that I've seen. Just an occasional eructation.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »
Window 10

USA wired keyboard on the PC

Offline photosbyrob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 02:55:02 PM »
I am using English.

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this issue. Looking back at all the responses, it would be useful to know (from those experiencing this problem) what "locale"/region your Windows is configured to.
In particular, has anyone seen the issue of "swallowing letters" on systems configured to "English" locale?
Much thanks,
-Pablo

Offline vliegmeer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 12:49:02 AM »
resetting the pm6 preferences solved the “swallowing keys” for me on windows 10, dell xps 15, 6core, 32gb ram, 2tb ssd, german keyboard.
i exported the old preferences before that and i will reimport them step by step to figure out what caused the key swallowing.
when i imported the preferences all at once, the swallowing was back.
step by step reimport is a very annoying process, but at least i can rate pictures again as i used to.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 06:22:00 AM »
resetting the pm6 preferences solved the “swallowing keys” for me on windows 10, dell xps 15, 6core, 32gb ram, 2tb ssd, german keyboard.
i exported the old preferences before that and i will reimport them step by step to figure out what caused the key swallowing.
when i imported the preferences all at once, the swallowing was back.
step by step reimport is a very annoying process, but at least i can rate pictures again as i used to.

Could you post your exported settings here?  We can run through them all too.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your .PMX file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vliegmeer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2019, 12:58:54 AM »
sure. here are the laggy settings.
After resetting i reimportet "general" and "contact sheet" and pm6 was still fine. So it has to be one of the other options (for my machine at least)

pablogg

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
Thanks for preference export. We are actively looking at it.
Regards,
-Pablo

pablogg

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »
Not having any luck reproducing using your preferences with the latest PM6 release (3143) on Windows 10 system configured with Norwegian locale. I was able to reproduce with older builds, but not with the latest.

Are you by chance running an older PM6 build (prior to 3143)? If so, please try latest 3143 from May 14.  If others are still seeing this issue with build 3143, please feel free to chime in. Thanks.
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12390.0

Regards,
-Pablo

Offline vliegmeer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 12:29:06 AM »
i'm on 3143, but another day, another result. now the swallowing is back again even if i reset all the preferences and restart the machine. :(
it makes no difference if i'm culling through sony .ARW files or the converted .dng versions of these files. after a random number of keyboard clicks, one click is not recognized. i rate the photos with the number keys and set the pm preference to "automatically advance to the next photo" after rating or color changed. so if pm6 is swallowing a click/press during the rating process, i have to go back to the file with the arrow keys and set the rating again.
i tested different keyboards and also use "antimicro" to remap my game controller to keyboard shortcuts. the swallowing in pm6 is happening with every setup. pm5 works perfect.

i switch back to pm5 for now to work as fast and reliable as it used to be.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:54:54 AM by vliegmeer »

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
I was experiencing exactly the same using PM6 a few weeks ago and had put it down to my lousy keyboard technique until I switched back to 5 and the problem went away.

English, UK here, on a Dell XPS15 9570 running Win10 64bit.

I only put the latest build on last night and haven't checked if it persists yet but if you're still looking to fix this, hopefully this info will help.

pablogg

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 08:40:21 PM »
We are definitely looking to fix this issue, just having difficulty reproducing. We appreciate the feedback.
Regards,
Pablo

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
Any joy on replicating this at the Camerabits end?
I was tagging photos "1" and "2" the other day and half the 1s weren't registering. Might be me going out of my mind but I was doing this to images stored locally and expected immediate responses so at first I put this down to sluggishness but no, I'd hit it again and then it'd respond.
Thanks.