Author Topic: Catalog Missing Images  (Read 3432 times)

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Catalog Missing Images
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:37:33 AM »
 >:(Attempts to add images to a catalog have been unsuccessful. This included selecting all in folder and right-clicking to add.

Using Finder to browse the default catalog in Pictures, I find only 6 proxies, and these are all for a temporary desktop folder.

I assume this relates the problem with high resolution monitors already reported. I am attaching my PM zip file in case the additional information would be helpful.

My System

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4
iMac Retina  5K, 27-inch 2017
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Thanks.

Bob
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:52:26 AM by OldRadioGuy »
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
Re: Catalog Missing Images
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
Attempts to add images to a catalog have been unsuccessful. This included selecting all in folder and right-clicking to add.

Using Finder to browse the default catalog in Pictures, I find only 6 proxies, and these are all for a temporary desktop folder.

I assume this relates the problem with high resolution monitors already reported. I am attaching my PM zip file in case the additional information would be helpful.

My System

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4
iMac Retina  5K, 27-inch 2017
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Thanks.

Bob

I have trouble cataloging photos in PM+ too. I think it should be the easiest thing in the world to do, but not so in PM+. I have used iView, beta tested Media Pro when Microsoft owned it and currently use Daminion and it was and is a simple task with those catalogers. I hate to have to jump through hoops to accomplish what should be a fast and simple task. Dragging and dropping works extremely well in Daminion and is easy as can be. Something like that in PM+ would be very welcome indeed I think. Keep it simple, please, Camerabits. Thanks for PM5 & 6 they're great!

Warren
Win 10, i7-8086K CPU, 16GH RAM