Author Topic: Watermarking with Logos..??  (Read 17334 times)

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermarking with Logos..??
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
Hi Kirk,
one thing would be really neat, if you continue on the watermarking code.
Having Logos added as a Watermarks, which are embossed like the shadow.
Thanks and kind regards, Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermarking with Logos..??
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

We could go in that direction, but the problem with bitmaps is that if the output image is really large, then you need a large watermark logo.  If the output image is small (for email) then you need a small watermark logo.

Currently, by using percentages for insets and watermark width and height, you get a proportionally-sized watermark every time.

What would you suggest?

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline Pixoul

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Pixoul Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »
Add one more person to the list of requests for watermarking with logos. :) I'd like to see:

• Text: Ability to specify explicit point sizes in addition to percentage of photo size.
  • Logo: Ability to insert one (or more) images with PNG or GIF transparency support. Insert as actual size is fine as opposed to scaling the logo image to a percentage of photo size.
  • Ability to mix both text and logos on the same image.
My workflow always results in exporting images that are specific sizes so I know exactly how large a logo to use in my current (slow) Photoshop actions. I export at specific small, medium, and large sizes and have three different logo images I use to drop into place for each Photoshop action.

Offline emgab

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 03:01:06 PM »

We could go in that direction, but the problem with bitmaps is that if the output image is really large, then you need a large watermark logo.  If the output image is small (for email) then you need a small watermark logo.

Currently, by using percentages for insets and watermark width and height, you get a proportionally-sized watermark every time.

What would you suggest?

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

H iKirk,
Well, i understand the problem..
Maybe you can scale the logo to fit the picture size, if this is to complicated, i could very well live with some certain sizes, which i can select from a list,
which is related to the picture size.. (eg. (cm) 10x15, 13x18, 15x20, 20x30) so i can easily prepare the logo size by myself and put it into the list.
I'm not to much of a programmer to give the right answer, but maybe this is a reasonable way to do it.
For me it's important to have an proper waternark, which shows up in the middle of the picture, masking at least 20 percent of the picture.

Kind regards, Mike
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:05:28 PM by emgab »

Offline hya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »
I was thinking that, maybe, you could add support for SVG ( http://www.adobe.com/svg/ ) files so when you specify a percentage for the watermark size, it'll scale gracefully?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
I was thinking that, maybe, you could add support for SVG ( http://www.adobe.com/svg/ ) files so when you specify a percentage for the watermark size, it'll scale gracefully?

I'll look into it, but basically supporting SVG would entail writing an entire SVG rendering engine since neither Mac OS X nor Windows has SVG rendering built into them.

If I can find a royalty-free implementation of an SVG renderer that is cross-platform then I would agree that SVG could be a good solution.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »
Any update on this idea of being able to watermark with a logo?  Since I will be watermarking vertical and horizontal images, I either need the scalable feature described above -OR- a method to specify vertical and horizontal watermark logo files that I have set up myself to match the output resolution.

As I generate EOS web galleries, I would like to embed the watermark on the image.

Thanks.

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
Mike,

Any update on this idea of being able to watermark with a logo?  Since I will be watermarking vertical and horizontal images, I either need the scalable feature described above -OR- a method to specify vertical and horizontal watermark logo files that I have set up myself to match the output resolution.

As I generate EOS web galleries, I would like to embed the watermark on the image.

No updates to report as of yet.  I see that there are some good SVG implementations that are free for commercial use so I am looking into them.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:26 AM »
Thanks!

-Mike

Offline med8or

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
Mike,

No updates to report as of yet.  I see that there are some good SVG implementations that are free for commercial use so I am looking into them.

-Kirk

I am considering purchasing PM and was wondering if watermarking a logo is available yet or will be in the near future?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »
Mike,

-Kirk

I am considering purchasing PM and was wondering if watermarking a logo is available yet or will be in the near future?

Watermarking with logo images will be in the 4.6 version of Photo Mechanic.  The work is already complete.  I don't have a release date for you, but it will be done in the next few months.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Mike,

-Kirk

Watermarking with logo images will be in the 4.6 version of Photo Mechanic.  The work is already complete.  I don't have a release date for you, but it will be done in the next few months.

-Kirk

I am getting even more courious of the coming 4.6 version.

Will this logo watermark be able to be used together with text watermarks as well?
It would be also nice if one could use the same logo multiple times. I don't like if a logo is all over the image hundreds of times but it is a sure way to protect content and there are some agencies liking to use it and I am thinking on it too.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 06:32:26 PM »
szurkebarat,

-Kirk

I am getting even more courious of the coming 4.6 version.

Will this logo watermark be able to be used together with text watermarks as well?

Yes, and they can be placed in different locations.

Quote from: szurkebarat
It would be also nice if one could use the same logo multiple times. I don't like if a logo is all over the image hundreds of times but it is a sure way to protect content and there are some agencies liking to use it and I am thinking on it too.

You can have your logo image appear up to nine times across the image.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:42:56 AM »
Just my 2 cents on the logo thing, can you please add an API the export scripts can call?  I don't want to put logos on the full res images, but do want to do that when i export lo res that are going to my website.

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 05:52:32 AM »
Mike,

Just my 2 cents on the logo thing, can you please add an API the export scripts can call?  I don't want to put logos on the full res images, but do want to do that when i export lo res that are going to my website.

The Watermarking already works in the Exporter templates.  The settings are specific to each template being used at the time and the settings are completely separate from other features such as Save As and the Uploaders.

-Kirk