Author Topic: Selected Set Color? And a few other ???'s  (Read 4904 times)

Offline bdigital2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Selected Set Color? And a few other ???'s
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:15:14 PM »
Intel iMac, osx 10.4.9

1)  This is probably a gross oversight on my part, but what exactly is the "selected SET color" in the contact sheet preference pane?  I've changed it to all manor of colors but I've never actually seen any of them.

2)  I'm also curious if there is any way to introduce an option to make the background color of the contact sheet different from the "slide" frame surrounding each photo?  In other words, similar to the way it looks when you do a "select-all" of the images.

3) Lastly, is there any way to remove the "star rating" from the thumbnails in the contact sheet?  I'm an old school "tag, no tag" type of guy, and it would be nice to either make the thumbnail frames smaller, or better yet use it instead for the fantastic new labels feature.

4) Is it possible to remove unused data fields in the IPTC Stationary Pad?  Or, would it be possible to make it so that I only have to cycle through the fields I use when hitting the "tab" key?

Thanks for any advice!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:37:55 PM by bdigital2 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Selected Set Color? And a few other ???'s
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »
Intel iMac, osx 10.4.9

1)  This is probably a gross oversight on my part, but what exactly is the "selected SET color" in the contact sheet preference pane?  I've changed it to all manor of colors but I've never actually seen any of them.

That color is used in the thumbnail gallery in the Preview window.  You'll see it when you go into the Preview with a number of photos selected.

Quote from: bdigital2
2)  I'm also curious if there is any way to introduce an option to make the background color of the contact sheet different from the "slide" frame surrounding each photo?  In other words, similar to the way it looks when you do a "select-all" of the images.

Are you talking about the round-rect frame outline around the thumbnails, or the filled-in part?

3) Lastly, is there any way to remove the "star rating" from the thumbnails in the contact sheet?  I'm an old school "tag, no tag" type of guy, and it would be nice to either make the thumbnail frames smaller, or better yet use it instead for the fantastic new labels feature.

No, there is no way to get rid of them.  You would then also lose the Color Class labels.

4) Is it possible to remove unused data fields in the IPTC Stationary Pad?  Or, would it be possible to make it so that I only have to cycle through the fields I use when hitting the "tab" key?

The IPTC dialogs will be customizable in an update to 4.5.

-Kirk

Offline bdigital2

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »
1) Ah-ha!!  I knew it was right under my nose!  I never use that function so I guess thats why I've never seen it.

2) I'm talking about having the entire background one color, and the the thumbnail "slides," ie the filled in part a different color.  It would look similar to when you selected all of the thumnails, they are then a different color than the background.  I feel like it would serve to better visually seperate the images on the contact sheet. 

3)  Thanks for the explanation.

4)  Now do you mean that the indidvidual fields will be customizable, or that you can actually remove those fields that you don't use?

Thanks again!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 03:17:56 PM »
4)  Now do you mean that the indidvidual fields will be customizable, or that you can actually remove those fields that you don't use?

The plan is to allow removal, and placement/tab order.

-Kirk