Author Topic: Ingest Error Messages V6 again!!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline DominicJames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Error Messages V6 again!!
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:05:00 AM »
Hi guy's,

I keep getting ingest error messages that I have no idea what they mean. I end up eject the card, the drive I'm copying too, re-attach them and then it works fine again.

I'm using the Sony A9 with the Sony grey M SD cards and my Sony is on the new version 5 firmware. And what appears to be the issue is V6 of PM. Firstly I've never had an import error in 6 years of using PM, I've had ingest errors since it came out (before the sony firmware update) almost weekly and it's getting beyond a joke.

Am I missing something, are others having the same ingest errors and what does the error message mean...? It's pure code and not in english, ie. we can't ingest because...

Disgruntled.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Error Messages V6 again!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »
I keep getting ingest error messages that I have no idea what they mean. I end up eject the card, the drive I'm copying too, re-attach them and then it works fine again.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.  Also, if you can post any screenshots that depict the error that you're seeing, whether it be a message box, or the Ingest Progress window, please do so.  And lastly, what OS are you running?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DominicJames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »
Log attached. I will take a screen grab next time it happens. Mojave 10.14.4 Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
Log attached. I will take a screen grab next time it happens. Mojave 10.14.4 Thanks

Please update your Photo Mechanic 6 application.  You're not running the latest build.  You can get the latest version here: https://home.camerabits.com/downloads/

Thanks,

-Kirk