Author Topic: Remove from Catalog  (Read 2744 times)

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
Remove from Catalog
« on: April 29, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »
Running Win10.

When I right click on a thumbnail a box pops up with various command choices. I clicked on Remove from Catalog by mistake and one or maybe more of my images disappeared. Apparently this command removes any selected images but I don't know how many images were selected since I was fiddling with the program trying to learn how it works. I cannot figure out a way using PM to find any images that were removed from the catalog.

Is there a way to search for images not in the catalog or that have been removed from the catalog?

Another thought is that it would be a good idea to have an undo command or a warning box giving users the opportunity not to complete the command if it is clicked by mistake or you change your mind.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Remove from Catalog
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 01:02:21 PM »
Currently there is no way to select images based on catalog state. This has been requested and I’m sure this will be added in the foreseeable future. For now, to recover the removed images, you could perform another scan to catalog. This won’t add already cataloged images a second time, just the missing ones (from the directories you specified for the scan).

Hope this helps,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
Re: Remove from Catalog
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
Thanks Hayo, I was hesitant to try re-scanning for fear of duplicates or a repeat of the incredibly slow process of importing (scanning) images into the catalog. I did manage to find my missing images by using ACDSee which I have been using as DAM software for the past few years and it has the same keywords so I was able to compare an ACDSee search with a PMPlus search of the same keyword and found the missing items.