Author Topic: High Resolution Monitor problems  (Read 2548 times)

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
High Resolution Monitor problems
« on: April 28, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
I finally was able to get 50K images imported into a PM Plus catalog and it is amazingly fast at displaying thumbnails and previews - twice as fast as ACDSee Pro which I have been using so I am really looking forward to switching.

But, all of my computers now run 4K screens (3840x2160) with Win10 Pro.
Based on other user posts and their screen captures my version of PM+ (Build 3029) is lacking many features presumably because the program does not scale correctly on 4K monitors and I simply cannot see various items that others see.

For example, people talk about Filter, Browse and Collections. I see the word Filter vertically on the left of the screen but no Browse or Collections.

I see screen snaps of Item Counts showing how many images have a certain keyword, or other value. I have no Item Counts in the Organizer panel no matter how wide I make the panel.

I see mention of a + sign and a gear icon near the search box at the top of the Organize panel but neither one appears on my screens.

I cannot see all my keywords. I have a long list of hierarchical keywords but when I expand some of the categories the list becomes way too long to fit on the screen and there is no scroll bar or other way to scroll down to the bottom thus some of my keywords can never be seen at all.

Some dialog boxes are so small I can barely read the text with a magnifying glass.

Items in some lists overlap and cannot be read.

There are other examples of issues that are probably caused by scaling problems.

Hopefully the program will be tested on 3840x2160 monitors and these issues resolved so users with high resolution monitors can fully use and test all of PM+.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:45:13 PM by William R Wood »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: High Resolution Monitor problems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »
William,

We will be addressing these sorts of High DPI problems before final release.

-Kirk