Author Topic: PM6 Issue - Multiple Ingest from Selection  (Read 1452 times)

Offline vincentlepes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 Issue - Multiple Ingest from Selection
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:49:28 AM »
When I run multiple ingests from selection, the details of the ingest tasks get crossed and things end up in the wrong folders. My ingests are created based on date, job name and sequence:

Folder:
{iptcyear4}/{dtsd} {jobname}

Filename:
{dtsd}_{jobname}_{seqn}

If an ingest is already running, and I start another ingest and update the job name, the previous ingest (still running) switches to the new job name and thus creates a new folder and mis-titles the remaining files during import. Is this the expected behavior? I didn’t have this problem in PM5 using multiple ingests from disk or folder, to my knowledge.

Is this an error or does anyone have a better suggestion of where to get that workflow variable?

I am running:
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023
macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013)

Thanks for your time!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 Issue - Multiple Ingest from Selection
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
I would expect that behavior on PM5 as well.  The job variables are global to the application, so changing them while an operation is running could have undesirable results.

-Kirk

Offline vincentlepes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 Issue - Multiple Ingest from Selection
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »
I expected it would store the settings for that ingest and ignore changes set after beginning the process, this would allow more flexibility for running multiple ingests. I will look for a better place than the job variable and see what alternative workflow I can find that is not reliant on global variables. It just makes a lot more sense to me personally to code ingests by job on the way in so I can import multiple jobs at once. Thanks for the reply :)