Author Topic: PM6 Issue - Video thumbnails not updating  (Read 2106 times)

Offline vincentlepes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 Issue - Video thumbnails not updating
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:50:54 AM »
When I open a contact sheet from a memory card that has the same name as a previously browsed card (“Untitled”, created by a Fuji camera) and the video files within have the same names as well, PM doesn’t seem to know they are different and shows the incorrect thumbnails from the past import in the contact sheet.

Is there a way to get PM to update this automatically or manually? I tried View > Refresh as well as View > Rescan and they are still incorrectly showing thumbnails of the wrong videos from a previous import.

I am running:
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023
macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013)

Thanks for your time!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 Issue - Video thumbnails not updating
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:01:20 PM »
When I open a contact sheet from a memory card that has the same name as a previously browsed card (“Untitled”, created by a Fuji camera) and the video files within have the same names as well, PM doesn’t seem to know they are different and shows the incorrect thumbnails from the past import in the contact sheet.

Is there a way to get PM to update this automatically or manually? I tried View > Refresh as well as View > Rescan and they are still incorrectly showing thumbnails of the wrong videos from a previous import.

I am running:
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023
macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013)

Thanks for your time!

No, that sounds like a bug to me.  Can you provide two videos (keep them short) and put them into a zip file and provide it to me?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:50:09 AM »
I tried to reproduce this with my Fuji X-E2 but could not.   I browsed my card "Untitled" with a video named DSCF9830.MOV and then ingested it, deleting it off the card.  Then I replaced the card in camera, shot another video.  I went into the card and renamed the new video with the same DSCF9830.MOV name.   When I browsed the card with PM6, the "new" DSCF9830.MOV displayed the correct thumbnail.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline vincentlepes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 08:03:59 AM »
Thank you guys. I was on vacation but I will send a short video as soon as I have an opportunity!