Author Topic: List view?  (Read 3753 times)

Offline syncrasy

• View Profile
List view?
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:51:35 AM »
Before I post a feature request... Is there a List view option in PM6+? I'm talking about a vertical list of image files that has (customizable) metadata columns (useful for sorting and seeing metadata for all the images in a selection or folder). This is a core feature of Media Pro. Lightroom users use a plug-in to achieve this.

If it existed in PM or PM+, perhaps it would be a subview/subtab of a Contact Sheet or the catalog's Browse View. If not, I'll post a feature request.
-- Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: List view?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:35:07 AM »
Before I post a feature request... Is there a List view option in PM6+? I'm talking about a vertical list of image files that has (customizable) metadata columns (useful for sorting and seeing metadata for all the images in a selection or folder). This is a core feature of Media Pro. Lightroom users use a plug-in to achieve this.

If it existed in PM or PM+, perhaps it would be a subview/subtab of a Contact Sheet or the catalog's Browse View. If not, I'll post a feature request.

No, we don't have such a view.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:25:34 AM »
However, PM6 (and Plus) can of course take any folder or selection and do a text export of whatever metadata fields you choose, which you can then manipulate/search/store as you need - e.g. open in Excel or Google Sheets.  For some purposes, this is quite powerful and helpful.  Not knowing your end goal, I don't know if you would find this helpful or not.

-Mick

Edit to add: Depending on what you are doing it is also possible in some cases with some steps to make changes to that metadata and be able to re-apply that back to a set of images.
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline syncrasy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »
However, PM6 (and Plus) can of course take any folder or selection and do a text export of whatever metadata fields you choose, which you can then manipulate/search/store as you need - e.g. open in Excel or Google Sheets.  For some purposes, this is quite powerful and helpful.  Not knowing your end goal, I don't know if you would find this helpful or not.

-Mick

Edit to add: Depending on what you are doing it is also possible in some cases with some steps to make changes to that metadata and be able to re-apply that back to a set of images.

Hi Mick,

Both of those are excellent features, but different from what a List View would let me do. I've posted a feature request on the other forum and will better explain it there: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12280.0
-- Mark