Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Marv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« on: April 30, 2019, 04:41:22 AM »
Dear Camera Bits,

PM+ is shaping up to be a DAM that works well and suits my needs.  Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Marv

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
I agree!
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
Agree. It's very useable for a beta. Already made my life a lot easier!

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:41 AM »
Hi,
I really think it will be fantastic, but for the moment I would not buy/upgrade to it unless it has the ability to:
1- join jpeg and raw files in the contact sheet (browsing and filtering);
2- sort files according to several criteria just as traditional PM does.
Thanks a lot,
Regards,
- Luiz Muzzi

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »
I think the catalog function is looking great and can help save a lot of time.  However, once a search is completed I can't sort the files the same way I can when not using the search function in the catalog.  For example, if I find all of the files with a keyword "Jonny" I can't select several of them and use "selected" filter as I can on a regular contact sheet.  The only options available are "all,tagged, untagged."  I then have to ensure all the files are untagged and then tag the ones I want to view out of the list.  Much easier if it I had the same options as  regular contact sheet.

Thanks.

Offline MgriffAus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 07:43:46 PM »
I am enjoying the speed of the catalog, the huge number of search options it opens up and the flexibility of it. So far it has been stable: [iMac with Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, MacOS 10.14.4, i5 CPU, Radeon Pro 580 8GB GPU, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory, Internal 3Tb Fusion HD, External 10Tb LaCie USBc HD]. I have many photos to process. I have been using Photomechanic for IPTC processing and selection for a quite while now so the ability to catalog really well is a real game changer for me. There are still thousands of images I have not done the IPTC on because the predate my acquisition of PM.

Well done. I look forward to further developments.  :D :D :D

I think all of the users will benefit from a few extra user interface improvements. I do like the Browse, Filter and Collections Tabs on the side. However, for the first time user, I think there should be something on the Catalog menu which makes it easy for people to realise they are there. I realise this is a program for more professional users but lots of keen amateur photographers could get so much from this program. Anything you can do to make working it out a bit easier would be a boon.

Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »
Martin,

I think all of the users will benefit from a few extra user interface improvements. I do like the Browse, Filter and Collections Tabs on the side. However, for the first time user, I think there should be something on the Catalog menu which makes it easy for people to realise they are there.

Hmm, what do you suggest?

Thanks,

-Kirk