Author Topic: Created a small catalog - how can i view it ?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline smudger86nz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Created a small catalog - how can i view it ?
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »
This seems the most basic question possible and i still cant work out the answer....i have created a very small catalogue - from 2 folders of images -  to start testing and i cant work out how to view the catalog, ie see thumbnail views of the now existing catalog. I  How do you do that ?   And yes, i have looked at the ReadMe and the posts here, but may have missed the obvious of course.                 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:52:22 PM by smudger86nz »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Created a small catalog - how can i view it ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »
This seems the most basic question possible and i still cant work out the answer....i have created a very small catalogue - from 2 folders of images -  to start testing and i cant work out how to view the catalog, ie see thumbnail views of the now existing catalog. I  How do you do that ?   And yes, i have looked at the ReadMe and the posts here, but may have missed the obvious of course.               

You can Browse in the Organizer panel, you can Filter in the Organizer panel, and if you want to see all images you can enter "" in the search field at the top of the Organizer panel.

-Kirk

Offline smudger86nz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
Thanks Kirk, that worked - you can enter "" in the search field - and i worked out how to navigate through the folder path to show what has been catalogued. Apparently having a not very smart day !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 04:30:14 PM »
Thanks Kirk, that worked - you can enter "" in the search field - and i worked out how to navigate through the folder path to show what has been catalogued. Apparently having a not very smart day !

No, I think that it currently just isn't intuitive enough.  How would you know you would need to enter "" in the search field?

-Kirk