Author Topic: More File Management Problems V6  (Read 1528 times)

Offline jgraziano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More File Management Problems V6
« on: May 02, 2019, 05:35:18 AM »
I created a folder with 2 sub-folders in PM.
After I created it, I realized I left out 2 numbers from the folder name, so I went back and renamed it in PM.  Did not change the sub-folders.
I then proceeded to move files with PM into this folder's two sub-folders like I always do.
When I looked at it in Windows Explorer, I found the old incorrectly named folder there as well as the renamed folder and the files I thought I was moving into the renamed folder were actually moved into the old incorrectly named folder.  The one that did not even exist according to PM!
If I would have sent that folder to my client without double-checking (never had to before), it would have been empty!  Fix these problems please.   

Build 2818

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: More File Management Problems V6
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:22:03 AM »
I created a folder with 2 sub-folders in PM.

By what method?  Favorites?  Navigator?  Folder creation during Ingest, Save As, etc.?

After I created it, I realized I left out 2 numbers from the folder name, so I went back and renamed it in PM.  Did not change the sub-folders.

Renamed it where?

I then proceeded to move files with PM into this folder's two sub-folders like I always do.

Via drag and drop from a Contact Sheet tab, or with the Copy/Move Photos dialog?

When I looked at it in Windows Explorer, I found the old incorrectly named folder there as well as the renamed folder and the files I thought I was moving into the renamed folder were actually moved into the old incorrectly named folder.  The one that did not even exist according to PM!
If I would have sent that folder to my client without double-checking (never had to before), it would have been empty!  Fix these problems please.   

I'd be happy to fix the problems if you'll provide a clear set of steps that will help me reproduce the problems.

Build 2818

Your PM6 is not the latest build.  Please install the latest version: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12200.0

-Kirk

Offline jgraziano

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: More File Management Problems V6
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:03:42 AM »
Sorry, I was away for the weekend and didn't see any notifications of the reply.
Created and renamed the folder in Navigator.
File move was drag and drop from contact sheet.
I'll install the latest build and see if I can reproduce the problem