Author Topic: PM 6, folders don't open on the first try.  (Read 1327 times)

Offline David Egan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 6, folders don't open on the first try.
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:46:17 PM »
I'm using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023 (40f5885) on a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 2018 Mac Mini with 32 GHz of memory, running Mac OS Mojave, 10.14.4.

The process of opening folders has a bug that has come with the latest build. Whereas previously PM worked like any other app, opening folders on the first try, now it doesn't. You have to go to recent items or back through the folder selection process to get the folder to open.

This is also an issue with ingesting images. Where the destination folder used to open automatically while the files are being ingested, now it doesn't. Again, you have to go to recent items to get the folder to open.

PM is a great tool. I'm looking forward to this being fixed!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 6, folders don't open on the first try.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:04:19 PM »
David,

I'm using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023 (40f5885) on a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 2018 Mac Mini with 32 GHz of memory, running Mac OS Mojave, 10.14.4.

The process of opening folders has a bug that has come with the latest build. Whereas previously PM worked like any other app, opening folders on the first try, now it doesn't. You have to go to recent items or back through the folder selection process to get the folder to open.

This is also an issue with ingesting images. Where the destination folder used to open automatically while the files are being ingested, now it doesn't. Again, you have to go to recent items to get the folder to open.

PM is a great tool. I'm looking forward to this being fixed!

Please update to the latest version.  The problem that you have described is already fixed.

-Kirk