Author Topic: PhotoShelter question  (Read 1738 times)

Offline SamKA4ATT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PhotoShelter question
« on: May 05, 2019, 11:53:36 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a PM6 thing or Photoshelter......

I can select an image you/l and when I use PM to log into the account, I can't see any galleries or collections. I hit the refresh button, but the columns are still blank. On the screen shots I see on the web, it shows a list of all the galleries that are on a persons PS account. But, again, none show up on mine when I log in to upload.

I realize this is probably not worded right...... hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to get across and help me out.

If this is a Photoshelter deal, then I apologize, and will take this to them.

Thanks,

Sam

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PhotoShelter question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 09:48:00 AM »
Hi Sam,

I'm able to see my list of collections and galleries in the PhotoShelter uploader in both PM5 and PM6 when I connect to my test account.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log file. In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your PM_log.zip file.

-Jerry

Offline SamKA4ATT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:00:42 AM »
Sorry it took so long to get to this.....

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »
I see a PhotoShelter error logged when you tried creating a collection indicating that you don't have the permissions to do so: "You do not have permission in this Organization to Create Collections/Galleries."

Using the same login credentials that you used in Photo Mechanic, are you able to create/modify collections and/or galleries on the PhotoShelter images root directory through your web browser?

-Jerry

Offline SamKA4ATT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:51 PM »
I can sign in through my universities photoshelter account, click "upload files" and it takes me to the upload page. I can pick files to upload, name the folder and away they go.... no problems.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
Hi Sam,

Thank you for the information. It sounds like I'll need to add some more logging to the PhotoShelter uploader. I will send you a personal message with a download link to that build when it's ready. Thank you for your patience.

-Jerry