Author Topic: Organizer Tab - Label Filter - unnecessary duplicate of Color Class?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
I don't use labels or color class so I am not familiar with what they are used for. But I noticed in the Filter section of the Organize tab that Labels and Color Class seem to be the same thing - a series of colors called Winner, Superior, Typical, etc. If Color Class and Label are the same thing, why do we need Label? I also noted that in the main menu "Image" has commands to set Ratings and Color Class but nothing for Label. This seems inconsistent and also suggests that the Label item in the Filter section could be eliminated?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I don't use labels or color class so I am not familiar with what they are used for. But I noticed in the Filter section of the Organize tab that Labels and Color Class seem to be the same thing - a series of colors called Winner, Superior, Typical, etc. If Color Class and Label are the same thing, why do we need Label? I also noted that in the main menu "Image" has commands to set Ratings and Color Class but nothing for Label. This seems inconsistent and also suggests that the Label item in the Filter section could be eliminated?

Color Labels are what Adobe products use.  Color Classes are what Photo Mechanic offered before Adobe came up with Color Labels.  Photo Mechanic works with both, though only through Color Classes (you can synchronize Color Classes and Labels in PM).

They are different but work together.  If you never use Adobe products and never set Labels, then you could completely ignore them.

-Kirk