Author Topic: Remember configuration of Filter Tab  (Read 5788 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Remember configuration of Filter Tab
« on: May 15, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »
Currently the filter tab opens with just the star rating displayed. I've never used star ratings, so I will change it to something I use like Keywords, and perhaps add City etc. But after configuring it the way I like it, PM does not remember it, and reverts back to star rating after a relaunch. It would be a time-saver if PM would remember the last-used state, and/or use snapshots to save them.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Remember configuration of Filter Tab
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
One more vote for remembering the preferred/last filter selection.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 12:51:59 PM »
The most that we can do is try to restore the filters from a previous session.  It isn't always possible to succeed at restoring the filters (you could make metadata changes in the interim that makes restoring impossible.)

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »
I think that should suit us. At least the top level should always be selectable/recoverable.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline bazography

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 09:30:52 PM »
The most that we can do is try to restore the filters from a previous session.  It isn't always possible to succeed at restoring the filters (you could make metadata changes in the interim that makes restoring impossible.)

-Kirk

Not sure I understand the answer, so just to be clear, it's just the LAYOUT of the Filter Stages (I think that's what you call them) I'm interested in preserving, not the results of a particular filtered search.
For example, I always change Rating as I never use it, so I might choose IPTC City instead, then click + and choose IPTC Keywords. The next time I open PM it would be nice if it started off with IPTC City and IPTC Keywords in the Filter Tab rather than staring off with Rating and having to change it every time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »

-Kirk

Not sure I understand the answer, so just to be clear, it's just the LAYOUT of the Filter Stages (I think that's what you call them) I'm interested in preserving, not the results of a particular filtered search.
For example, I always change Rating as I never use it, so I might choose IPTC City instead, then click + and choose IPTC Keywords. The next time I open PM it would be nice if it started off with IPTC City and IPTC Keywords in the Filter Tab rather than staring off with Rating and having to change it every time.

That would be much more doable.  They would be restored, but with no items selected.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 12:36:04 AM »
I agree, I never use rating, I want Keyword when I open filters !
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »
Another vote for restoring last used filter not the results...
Regards,
- Luiz Muzzi