Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

Luminar Files

(1/5) > >>

mklass:
IN PM (both V6 and Plus) Luminar sidecar files show up as a file folder, rather than a file. Why is this? Can it be changed so they appear just like any sidecar file?

In Mac Finder, they do appear just like a file.

Hayo Baan:
Hi Mik,

I guess that they are really folders, not files. Just like that applications are really folders, but shown as single item.

I think that in order for PM to interpret the thing as sidecar “file”, more info is needed. Can you share such an object as zip file? Perhaps then it can be determined how to identify those things as really being sidecar files.

mklass:
Attached is a Luminar limner file save when editing a new.

Hayo Baan:
Hi Mick, thanks! I had a look and it indeed is simply a folder with some files in it. The folder content is specially structured so Mac OS displays it as a single item, not a folder.

What's even better: there's a preview (albeit only 1200x1500) in the folder too: Contents/Thumbnail. Perhaps you can instruct Luminar to write larger (preferably full size) previews?

@Kirk, with this information, I think it should be doable to treat the luminar folders as sidecar files? And perhaps even use it's preview for display purposes? (so the user gets to see the results of his/her edits)

mklass:
Thanks, Hayo. This reminds me, sort of, of the old Capture NX and NX2 that stored the original image, edits and a preview backing the NEF after editing. Very efficient. PM displays those just fine.

Anyway, I would like to see the Luminar file problem solved in PM. I really like it as an editor, but managing the files in PM, especially not having them handled as an image file in PM, is making that difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version