Photo Mechanic > Support

Photo Mechanic 6 soooo slow!!

(1/5) > >>

navidmughal:
Hi. Can anyone help me out.

Having waited for PM6 to come out before upgrading my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) to Mojave 10.14.4 to benefit fro the 64bit speed and performance, i finally paid to upgrade from PM5 to 6 a couple of days ago. I just can't believe how slow PM6 is running on my iMac!

Trying to preview between images in so slow and lagging it defeats the purpose of using the programme to speed through my image culling!

Photo Mechanic 6 is also not responding at all at times; having to force quit it.

Photo Mechanic 5 works so much faster than 6. What is going on Camera Bits?

Also I ingested images from 2 compact cards at the same time to merge the images into one location. Normally this would take a few hours with approx 30GB on each card but it took almost 18 hours and then it didn't merge them into one location but instead created 2 separate folders for each card... defeating the whole purpose.

Can anyone please shed any more light on this all?

Thanks

Hayo Baan:
This is a known problem and caused by a bug on Apple's side. Camerabits is working hard on creating a work-around though Apple should really be the ones to fix it.

navidmughal:
Thanks Hayo. Hopefully Apple or Camera Bits will have a work around sorts soon. I'm having to revert back to my PM5 version.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: navidmughal on May 08, 2019, 06:11:59 AM ---Also I ingested images from 2 compact cards at the same time to merge the images into one location. Normally this would take a few hours with approx 30GB on each card but it took almost 18 hours and then it didn't merge them into one location but instead created 2 separate folders for each card... defeating the whole purpose.

Can anyone please shed any more light on this all?

--- End quote ---

This is not known to us.  Please show a screenshot of your Ingest dialog settings.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Pompo:

--- Quote from: navidmughal on May 08, 2019, 08:40:45 AM ---Thanks Hayo. Hopefully Apple or Camera Bits will have a work around sorts soon. I'm having to revert back to my PM5 version.
[/quote

Same here, I won't even touch V6 til it becomes usable. Using 5.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version