Author Topic: PM Navigator failing to indicate presence of sub-folders  (Read 2970 times)

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
PM Navigator failing to indicate presence of sub-folders
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
A minor annoyance, but —

1. With a file folder in Navigator selected and 4 open contact sheets, CMD+Q to shutdown PM+
2. Reopen PM+
3. In the Navigator, select the main pictures folder, and a list of sub folders appears. All of these sub folders have sub folders, but the normal triangle icon indicating their presence is missing. (See attached file)
4. Collapse the main picture folder and then re-open it.
5. The sub-folders reappear with the triangle icon to indicate the presence of sub-folders there.

My System

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4
iMac Retina  5K, 27-inch 2017
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Navigator failing to indicate presence of sub-folders
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »
A minor annoyance, but —

1. With a file folder in Navigator selected and 4 open contact sheets, CMD+Q to shutdown PM+
2. Reopen PM+
3. In the Navigator, select the main pictures folder, and a list of sub folders appears. All of these sub folders have sub folders, but the normal triangle icon indicating their presence is missing. (See attached file)
5. The sub-folders reappear with the triangle icon to indicate the presence of sub-folders there.

If you wait a bit longer, do the triangles appear?  The loading of the subfolder information is done on a background thread (in PM5 you can get a spinning beachball because the scanning of folders can take a long time and the OS will think that the app is hung.)

-Kirk

Offline OldRadioGuy

• Retired broadcast journalist/educator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:30:14 AM »
A minor annoyance, but —

2. Reopen PM+

If you wait a bit longer, do the triangles appear?  The loading of the subfolder information is done on a background thread (in PM5 you can get a spinning beachball because the scanning of folders can take a long time and the OS will think that the app is hung.)

-Kirk

No. I started PM+ a few minutes ago. It began with the main pictures folder open with a list of sub folders. No triangles. I waited 90 seconds and still no triangles. I collapsed the main pictures folder and reopened it. All the triangles were present.

Bob
-------------
Olympus E-M1 Mark III, Olympus PEN-F

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »
Same problem, I need to Right click and hit 'Refresh' otherwise not seeing the little triangle