Author Topic: Skipping [folder] because it does not exist  (Read 2789 times)

Offline syncrasy

• View Profile
Skipping [folder] because it does not exist
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:26:21 PM »
I'm having a problem adding images to a catalog with Beta 3. I am trying to add images to a newly-created catalog in the Scan to Catalog dialog. I select my destination catalog, locate my folder to scan, then click Start. The Scan Status says "Skipping [folder path] because it does not exist." I tried this with catalogs located both in the Pictures folder and on a different internal drive. Same result. MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Quitting and relaunching the app doesn't help. Not sure how else to troubleshoot.

(Adding images to the default catalog worked fine.)

[Edit after I posted: Fixed a typo in the error message]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:10:06 PM by syncrasy »
-- Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Skipping [folder] because it does not exist
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »
Mark,

I'm having a problem adding images to a catalog with Beta 3. I am trying to add images to a newly-created catalog in the Scan to Catalog dialog. I select my destination catalog, locate my folder to scan, then click Start. The Scan Status says "Skipping [folder path/catalog name] because it does not exist." I tried this with catalogs located both in the Pictures folder and on a different internal drive. Same result. MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Quitting and relaunching the app doesn't help. Not sure how else to troubleshoot.

(Adding images to the default catalog worked fine.)

I'm not familiar with that error message.  Please post a screen shot of the UI showing that error message.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline syncrasy

• View Profile
Re: Skipping [folder] because it does not exist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 05:55:34 AM »
Kirk,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. I deleted all of my catalogs and started from scratch. Now scanning images appears to work for new catalogs. If it happens again, I'll post.

Just for documentation purposes...the message appeared in the Scan Status window. Normally it says "Found: [folder path]" for each image. This message said "Skipping: [folder path] because it doesn't not exisit" for the entire folder. One might expect a "Skipping" status message for folders to exclude, but obviously not folders to scan (unless there was a bug).
-- Mark