Author Topic: box.com not playing nicely with uploader  (Read 4650 times)

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
box.com not playing nicely with uploader
« on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
With each new uploader session, I am getting an error from Box, asking to reauthorize Photo Mechanic, as attached.

Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3023 (40f5885) on Mac OS 10.12.6

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: box.com not playing nicely with uploader
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »
I'm looking into the problem. Thank you for your patience.

-Jerry

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
Cool.

By the way, a label or tooltip somewhere on the Dropbox uploader that lets users know that the upload root will be Dropbox/Apps/Photo Mechanic Uploader might be a good thing. It might could go on the connections page, since it might be the kind of thing you only need to tell somebody once.

Once I figured it out and made a Google Keep note with the share link to a folder I made at Dropbox/Apps/Photo Mechanic Uploader/share, I was good to go. But it took me a while to find where my uploads were going.

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »
Oh. And while we're on the subject of the Dropbox uploader.

"Overwrite existing files" and "auto resolve filename conflicts" don't seem to be working as expected.

With the former unchecked and the latter checked, I'm seeing same-filename uploads overwrite existing files on Dropbox.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »
With each new uploader session, I am getting an error from Box, asking to reauthorize Photo Mechanic, as attached.

The problem was that the refresh token wasn't being saved to disk. It should be fixed in the next build.

By the way, a label or tooltip somewhere on the Dropbox uploader that lets users know that the upload root will be Dropbox/Apps/Photo Mechanic Uploader might be a good thing. It might could go on the connections page, since it might be the kind of thing you only need to tell somebody once.

I can add `Dropbox/Apps/Photo Mechanic Uploader`in front of the folder name field so that the full path is shown.

"Overwrite existing files" and "auto resolve filename conflicts" don't seem to be working as expected.

With the former unchecked and the latter checked, I'm seeing same-filename uploads overwrite existing files on Dropbox.

I'll look into this as well.

-Jerry

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:31:22 AM »
Very cool. Thanks.

Oh, and the overwriting thing on Dropbox behaves the same way if you send files that are named the same on the hard drive or if you check "Rename as" and rename them to the same thing during upload. - if that helps at all.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:21 PM »
This build addresses the problems reported above: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12390.0

Please let us know if the Box uploader refresh token issue is resolved.

Thanks,

-Jerry