Author Topic: Beta 3 add files to Collection on iMac  (Read 4322 times)

Offline mcasan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Beta 3 add files to Collection on iMac
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:50:25 AM »
Added a new collection.   Go to one of the contact sheets for a given date.   Do Edit->Select All.   All the image cell backgrounds go yellow.   Right click on one of the images and do Add to Collection with the name of the single Collection indicated.   No indication of a anything happening.   Go back to the Collection view and the number of files remains 0.  Minutes later...nothing changed.  When I quit the app and reopen it, no Collection is saved.

Is this broken or am I missing a step or two here?   
Olympus E-M1 II & Pro lenses

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Beta 3 add files to Collection on iMac
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:38:16 AM »
Added a new collection.   Go to one of the contact sheets for a given date.   Do Edit->Select All.   All the image cell backgrounds go yellow.   Right click on one of the images and do Add to Collection with the name of the single Collection indicated.   No indication of a anything happening.   Go back to the Collection view and the number of files remains 0.  Minutes later...nothing changed.  When I quit the app and reopen it, no Collection is saved.

Is this broken or am I missing a step or two here?

Are you otherwise able to add items to your Catalog?

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder/Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mcasan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 09:44:02 AM »
log attached

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 10:24:52 AM »
log attached

Thanks for the log.  Could you please answer my earlier question?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mcasan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 05:50:13 AM »
I had no problem with bringing in 80,000 images into the catalog.

I messed around with the app last night and the images I had added to the Collection showed up in the Collection.   That was great.

But I added a folder of images to the Collection by mistake.     If I open the Collection, I can not find any menu item or command to let me delete/remove images I select from within the Collection.   The meny\u items only offer to remove items from the Catalog.....not something I want to happen.

Is there a special way to remove some items from a Collection without removing the whole Collection or removing the images from the Catalog (which should remove them from all Collections?)?

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »
Discovered this to remove an item from a collection: with the collection showing as a contact sheet highlight to item to be removed then right click on the collection name. You'll see an item that says "remove selected item from here". Do that. Then double click the collection name again to refresh the contact sheet. Found this quite my accident.

Offline mcasan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »
Much thanks!   I would have never guessed that after selecting the image(s), you then need to right click on the Collection name to see a remove option.   That worked just fine.

Now if we could just get a Smart Collection feature.    ;)