Author Topic: Preview of edited photos with Capture One engine in PM  (Read 4181 times)

Offline m3t3or

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview of edited photos with Capture One engine in PM
« on: May 13, 2019, 03:36:53 PM »
Hi,

it would be very useful if PM could preview photos that i edited in Capture One with the settings from Capture One.
For example, if i edited a color photo in C1 in black and white, PM should show the photo in black and white instead of the color photo, like in Capture One.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview of edited photos with Capture One engine in PM
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
it would be very useful if PM could preview photos that i edited in Capture One with the settings from Capture One.
For example, if i edited a color photo in C1 in black and white, PM should show the photo in black and white instead of the color photo, like in Capture One.

I expect that to be quite impossible to achieve.  PhaseOne does not share their proprietary rendering technology with us.

-Kirk

Offline m3t3or

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »
Thanks for your answer Kirk. I thought maybe Phase One could provide some api to use the rendered output from C1 in PM.
Anyway, could this be possible for some other raw converter?
I dont depend on C1.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
Thanks for your answer Kirk. I thought maybe Phase One could provide some api to use the rendered output from C1 in PM.
Anyway, could this be possible for some other raw converter?
I dont depend on C1.

Only Adobe provides a way to render RAW images given their proprietary settings.  The Adobe DNG Converter is free and produces DNG files from a variety of RAW formats with a high resolution preview.

-Kirk

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
Way down the track it may be possible if required unless Phase One consider PM6 Plus a competitor.

Well before acquiring Expression Media, Phase One did collaborate with iView Multimedia and later Microsoft to allow them to use Capture One as a raw rendering pipeline. There was a preference setting with the option to use Phase One or the OS to build thumbnails and previews:

Personally I found The Phase One rendering too slow and used the embedded preview option as PM does.